Any help would be cool :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
borg8401
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Any help would be cool :) Reply with quote

I installed the Abyss web server on a spare computer I had, it was awesome, easy to setup and everything. But there is a problem I encountered...

Some people cannot connect to the server at all... and I and some other people can only connect to it in Internet Explorer.

The people that cannot access it all have either dial-up or cable internets, everyone that can connect but can only connect in Internet Explorer have DSL, some exceptions on both sides...

I have no firewall, router, network, ect, it is all alone with its own DSL connection.

I have tried with my IP address and DNS with all users with the same results some can connect and some cant.

Any help would be great.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Kent
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: I wanna check for ya Reply with quote

whats your url?
borg8401
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IP - 169.254.129.55

DNS #1 - fp-server.i989.net

DNS #2 - finaltouch.no-ip.com

Redirection URL I use - www.final-touch.tk
goose
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works for sure ....ive tested it me self.
borg8401
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is working now that I am using Apache o_O... But I am still trying to get it working using Abyss. hmm
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borg8401 wrote:
Yes, it is working now that I am using Apache o_O... But I am still trying to get it working using Abyss. hmm

DNS settings are related to your network configuration. The web server has nothing to do with it.
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Any help would be cool :) Reply with quote

borg8401 wrote:
I installed the Abyss web server on a spare computer I had, it was awesome, easy to setup and everything. But there is a problem I encountered...

Some people cannot connect to the server at all... and I and some other people can only connect to it in Internet Explorer.

The people that cannot access it all have either dial-up or cable internets, everyone that can connect but can only connect in Internet Explorer have DSL, some exceptions on both sides...

I have no firewall, router, network, ect, it is all alone with its own DSL connection.

I have tried with my IP address and DNS with all users with the same results some can connect and some cant.

Any help would be great.

I believed it is your "network" issue or filtering that is coming to your IP you indicate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: