My web doesn't display internaltional language properly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HNT
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: My web doesn't display internaltional language properly Reply with quote

Please help!!!

I have put the unicode UTF-8 on the header of the page, but it doesn't display properly. It works for me on the other webserver software.

Thanks

HNT
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
ale
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already asked here: viewtopic.php?t=37774

Anyway please double check your HTML page, you might specify an encoding there, something like...
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

but make sure the editor you're using does support Unicode and save the file as UTF-8

Please check the settings of the browser you're using to view the pages, if is set to recognize the encoding of the pages (OK) or to a fixed encoding (not good). The browser might have an information somewhere and give an hint of what's happening, telling you the declared encoding of the page and the encoding it's using, for example Opera has an info button on the left panel

Finally you might try to set the encoding with Abyss sending a custom HTTP header, something like... Configure Host > General > Advanced Parameters > Custom HTTP Headers: Virtual Path = "/*.html" HTTP Header Name = "Content-Type" HTTP Header Value = "text/html; charset=UTF-8"
DonQuichote
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HNT, could you tell us what programs / systems you use to generate the pages? What do you see? What should you see instead? Do you send HTTP headers? Do you fight them with meta tags? Do you use a database to get the contents?
HNT
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DonQuichote and ale,

Ale, I have tried your way and it didn't work

DonQuichote,

I have specify
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
on the header of every page.

The content is from database and it is ASP page. It work for me on the other webserver software but not on Abyss Software.

This is how it looks

Tình trạng hỗn loạn đã nổ ra ở Bắc Triều Tiên v o ng y thứ ba, sau khi chính phủ của ông Kim Jong-il thực hiện đổi tiền. Dân chúng hoảng sợ v giận dữ, bởi tiền bạc họ tích luỹ

Thanks all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: