Session length on protected pages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siric
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Session length on protected pages Reply with quote

I have stored some pages in a protected folder to which I have placed Access Control. When I first go to any of those pages, I am asked to login, but any subsequent visits - even after going to another web site allow me in without having to login.

Even if I clear the cookies and temp files, I am still allowed in. The only way to ensure that I have to login again is to restart the browser - which is not always practical.

Is there any limit the session time for the protected pages?? I am running php scripts.

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Session length on protected pages Reply with quote

siric wrote:
I have stored some pages in a protected folder to which I have placed Access Control. When I first go to any of those pages, I am asked to login, but any subsequent visits - even after going to another web site allow me in without having to login.

Even if I clear the cookies and temp files, I am still allowed in. The only way to ensure that I have to login again is to restart the browser - which is not always practical.

Is there any limit the session time for the protected pages?? I am running php scripts.

Thanks

Access from Abyss that you see is the nature of by design. You will need to have add script to your page for "Cookie Session". Goto Hotscript.com for more informatin on it.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Session length on protected pages Reply with quote

siric,

It is your browser that does things smartly and sends to the server the latest credentials you entered for a given path. If that doesn't works, it will ask you for your user name and password. This can happen if you change the access rules for a given path without closing your browsing session.
When you shutdown the browser, those last credentials are cleared and the browser asks you again for them the next time your restart it and want to access a protected path.
So this is not a bug or a bad feature. It is your browser that makes life easy to you. Imagine if you had to enter your password for each image and page in a protected area!!!
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Session length on protected pages Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
siric,

It is your browser that does things smartly and sends to the server the latest credentials you entered for a given path. If that doesn't works, it will ask you for your user name and password. This can happen if you change the access rules for a given path without closing your browsing session.
When you shutdown the browser, those last credentials are cleared and the browser asks you again for them the next time your restart it and want to access a protected path.
So this is not a bug or a bad feature. It is your browser that makes life easy to you. Imagine if you had to enter your password for each image and page in a protected area!!!

I almost forgotten about that area regarding the Browser feature and depending on the setting of the browser. Good point.

siric, you still will need a script for your task in question. Try to find the "Cookie Session" script and set the timer or limiting it session to auto remove. Goto Hotscript.com for further info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: