Scripting ACME status

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazna
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Scripting ACME status Reply with quote

Scripting ACME status to get notified in case of problems. Utilizing Xidel to parse Abyss ACME status page

xidel.exe -s --data="http://%user%:%passwd%@127.0.0.1:9999/certificates/acmebot/edit" -e "//*[@id='_certificates_acmebot_edit_liveview_Pane']/span/div/div"

now I got few lines like

Order for shop.domain.com, domain.com, www.domain.com (due by 25/Feb/2022:13:28:18 +0100)ACME order processing queued.

Is there any list of possible item status? Or plans for json/xml output for better parsing?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Scripting ACME status Reply with quote

lazna wrote:
Is there any list of possible item status? Or plans for json/xml output for better parsing?

Nothing is impossible. Honestly, we never thought this would be of interest outside of the console.

Do you have a sample JSON/XML file as a suggestion? This could help us put this in place for the next release.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
lazna
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Scripting ACME status Reply with quote

[quote="admin"]

Nothing is impossible. Honestly, we never thought this would be of interest outside of the console.[/qoute]

If there any problem with certifacate renewal, how site admin is notified? I do not want to be surprised one day, if my certificate expire...

Quote:

Do you have a sample JSON/XML file as a suggestion? This could help us put this in place for the next release.

Both formats are fine for me, utilizing Xidel which can handle both
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Scripting ACME status Reply with quote

lazna wrote:
If there any problem with certifacate renewal, how site admin is notified? I do not want to be surprised one day, if my certificate expire...

There is always Let's Encrypt which will act as the last safety net: they will send you an email a few days before the certificate expiration if it has not yet been updated. That's why providing a working email when declaring the ACME account is highly recommended.
Forum Administrator

Last edited by admin on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
lazna
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Scripting ACME status Reply with quote

[quote="admin"][quote="lazna"]If there any problem with certifacate renewal, how site admin is notified? I do not want to be surprised one day, if my certificate expire...
Quote:

There is always Let's Encrypt which will act as the last safety net: they will send you an email a few days before the certificate expiration if it has not yet been updated. That's why providing a working email when declaring the ACME account is highly recommended.

Understand but mail can fall to spam, or could not be delivered for many other reason. Its too unreliable..
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Scripting ACME status Reply with quote

lazna,

Could you please get in touch with us by email to receive a test version with this feature as soon as it will be ready?
Forum Administrator
lazna
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Scripting ACME status Reply with quote

admin wrote:
lazna,

Could you please get in touch with us by email to receive a test version with this feature as soon as it will be ready?

will try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> SSL/Certificates All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: