Reason for TRUSTAbyss.com being offline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reason for TRUSTAbyss.com being offline Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure most of you notice that TRUSTAbyss.com has gone dark for a few months now. I'm here to explain the reason and to offer a solution. I recently lost my job back in September, and it took a while for me to get over the emotional aspect of that loss. It upset me to the point of just letting the domain expire and not even renewing it. Unfortunately, someone already purchased the domain and they're selling it for around $5K plus dollars. Because it's being held for such a ransom, I decided to renew abysswshelp.com which currently points to Aprelium.com. I don't want to give up helping the Aprelium community and would like to continue contributing scripts from time to time to this great community. I've already contacted pigeonburger to see if they're still willing to host the site files so we can continue to provide AWS:MRT as well as the other scripts that were once hosted at trustabyss.com. Please accept my apology for not responding sooner.

Update - Dec 20, 2022: AbyssWSHelp.com has been renewed for 9 years. The contract for my job was renewed for 10 years and I am back on a 4x10 night shift. I haven't started on the new site yet but slowly but surely, I'm getting back on the saddle. I waited far too long to work on this site and I'm not getting any younger so it's now or never! I will hopefully have more news after the Holidays regarding the website.

Update - Sep 23, 2022: I just wanted to give an update. The company I left re-hired me, but due to the lack of time or motivation because of the stress from work, it's getting harder to do any kind of web development work. Working five nights a week has its drawbacks. In the past, I had a 4x10 schedule and was able to gain some energy to work on these projects, but now days, as soon as I get off for the weekend, I sleep most of it away. I still plan on maintaining AbyssWSHelp.com since that's supposed to be the successor to the expired TRUSTAbyss.com domain, but if not, I'll probably give someone who wants to continue these sites the domain. I'll be honest, web development doesn't really interest me much anymore. It's hard to find motivation for it when work drains all of your energy. Would be nice to work part time, making full time pay, but then the system can't enslave me. My apologies for lack of news. I don't know what the future holds but I hope I can get myself to work on web developer projects again in the near future. I've been taking some supplements for stress relief and hopefully I can get my energy back to work on these projects again.

Things haven't really turned out well for my career, but I remain hopeful. There is no guarantee I will keep my job since the contract is up for renewal and supposedly expires Oct 2022. Thankfully, there is a six-month extension, so I'll be employed at least through Mar 2023 if it doesn't get renewed. I really hope it gets renewed and that I can get on a 4x10 shift again so I can focus on the things I want to do.

Kind regards,

Josh

Last edited by TRUSTAbyss on Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:30 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Reason for TRUSTAbyss.com being offline Reply with quote

TRUSTAbyss,

Glad to read from you. Sorry about what happened for you. You know, life could sometimes be harsh.

Thank you for posting about your project. We can help too. Is there something we can do?
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aprelium,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently watching my grandpa who has dementia and getting paid by my family to help out. Financially, I seem to be doing ok at the moment. All I ask is that we can get the scripts I provided from my site online so others can use them. The website will be in limbo for now, but the scripts are what's important because they're useful to users of the software. Hopefully this insanity will go away soon so we can return to a normal state of living.

Kind regards,

Josh
tfh
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If needed, I can host your website as well. Bandwith and space are not an issue. I can give it a subdomain like trustabyss.file-hunter.com.
It would be a shame if this information and those scripts got lost.
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfh wrote:
If needed, I can host your website as well. Bandwith and space are not an issue. I can give it a subdomain like trustabyss.file-hunter.com.
It would be a shame if this information and those scripts got lost.

Thanks for offering to help but it looks like pigeonburger is already hosting the site at https://pigeonburger.xyz/trustabyss/ along with the scripts. I can send you the files if you want and I can provide a link to the files from both sites on the AWS:MRT topic. If one site goes down, users can check the other site for the files. The scripts can be found at https://pigeonburger.xyz/trustabyss/dev.html
tfh
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to you :) I'll happily put up a mirror. In that case, feel free to send me the files. But I can also imagine that one location is enough & more clear for the users.
I'd like to thank Pigeonburger for his help keeping this stuff available for us Abyss users!
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to give an update. The company I left re-hired me, but due to the lack of time or motivation because of the stress from work, it's getting harder to do any kind of web development work. Working five nights a week has its drawbacks. In the past, I had a 4x10 schedule and was able to gain some energy to work on these projects, but now days, as soon as I get off for the weekend, I sleep most of it away. I still plan on maintaining AbyssWSHelp.com since that's supposed to be the successor to the expired TRUSTAbyss.com domain, but if not, I'll probably give someone who wants to continue these sites the domain. I'll be honest, web development doesn't really interest me much anymore. It's hard to find motivation for it when work drains all of your energy. Would be nice to work part time, making full time pay, but then the system can't enslave me. My apologies for lack of news. I don't know what the future holds but I hope I can get myself to work on web developer projects again in the near future. I've been taking some supplements for stress relief and hopefully I can get my energy back to work on these projects again.

Things haven't really turned out well for my career, but I remain hopeful. There is no guarantee I will keep my job since the contract is up for renewal and supposedly expires Oct 2022. Thankfully, there is a six-month extension, so I'll be employed at least through Mar 2023 if it doesn't get renewed. I really hope it gets renewed and that I can get on a 4x10 shift again so I can focus on the things I want to do.

Kind regards,

Josh
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUSTAbyss,

Thank you for visiting the forum and letting us know how you're doing.

We understand you're busy and we can guess how lack of motivation can affect both the personal and professional life.

But the good thing is that you're aware of the situation. Hopefully you'll have better days in a few weeks and you could recover your energy and love for your craft. ;)
Forum Administrator
Horizon
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
We understand you're busy and we can guess how lack of motivation can affect both the personal and professional life.
I don't think that TRUSTAbyss lacks motivation, it rather seems that his new job requires lots of energy to spend and not much remains for his hobbies/personal projects when he's back home.

If he really lacked motivation, then even a good part-time job wouldn't be enough for him to bring his hobby projects back to life.

I think that he's motivated to work on his projects but lacks the energy to do it due to the full-time job.

Perhaps trying to negociate the possibility of taking breaks/having a pause from time to time at his workplace could help.

If you know that you can already achieve correctly your daily tasks before the end of the workday, then why rush them all without any pause inbetween only to end up spending blank spare time at your desk waiting to go back home 2 or 3 hours before the end of your schedule?

I don't know what his situation is, but if his work schedule starts affecting him that much, perhaps rescheduling the break/pause times could help.

However this depends on whether he's allowed to ask for this without being 'reprimanded' for asking.

TRUSTAbyss, even if you can't keep up with your projects just remember to always keep your domain names.

You can always be back to your projects some day, but if you abandon your domain names someone else will purchase them (hint: crappy SEO marketers will).

But they will also abuse your old domains' reputation and turn them into crappy 'Premium B2B business management & Ultra SEO marketing' blogs.

Basically defacing your old domain names such that even if you can ever recover them later, they'll already have been tarnished & blacklisted.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horizon,

Thank you for your piece of advice. It was a great read and your suggestion do make a lot of sense.

Hopefully, TRUSTAbyss will visit us from time to time to let us know how he's doing.
Forum Administrator
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The domain AbyssWSHelp.com is up for renewal and I decided to renew it. Also, I'm back on a 4x10 night shift and the contract has been renewed for 9 years. Hopefully next year brings a brighter future and plenty of motivation. One thing I plan to do for myself is start running track. I need to work off that excess weight from the Holidays lol. Sorry for the lack of updates but I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Thanks Horizon, for the advice and I hope you all have a Happy Holidays!

P.S. I just ordered a dedicated server for the new site!

Best regards,

Joshua H (TRUSTAbyss)

Last edited by TRUSTAbyss on Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUSTAbyss,

Thank you for your continuous support for Abyss Web Server and its community.

Best wishes for the holiday season and for the coming new year.
Forum Administrator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: