A tiny little problem... does anyone mind helping me resolve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shroud
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: A tiny little problem... does anyone mind helping me resolve Reply with quote

? Ok, I've just reinstalled abyss webserver, after reinstalling windows. I have installed php, and mysql, as far as installing php it went perfectly. However installing mysql didn't go that well, I have the bottom light green, and the two above it are not. I have tried a few things, for example checking the steps I went through to install it. As far as I can see, I didn't make any mistakes. Well if it's any help, whenever I try to access phpmyadmin, I get the following:
"Error

MySQL said:

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)"
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recommend MySQL Control Center http://www.mysql.com/products/mysqlcc/ - it lets you change everything very easily...

Check that the username and password being used to connect are correct...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I'll be sure to try it out. After tinkering with it for hours, I am bound to discover something to help my problem. This is a possible solution, but I have my doubts, because I have no problems setting user passwords themselves. It's simply not connecting on mysql for some reason. I'm not an expert at this, and to be quite honest I may never be. It just seems a little perplexing to one without prior experience. Well thank you once more, and I hope this works, I'll be sure to post stating all of the juicy details.
Shroud
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck on the above unfortunately, any other possible answers to my problem? Thank you in advance to anyone who replies. (Keep in mind, I'm not an expert at this, including no aspiring hopes to be, so this is a learning experience.)
Shroud
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:x I tried staring blankly at my computer screen for hours, but no luck on that attempt either, so if anyone can assist me, I'd be very happy, Thanks in advance...didn't I already thank...nevermind. 8O :P
Shroud
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can answer this? I'm not an expert, a complete novice, so any simple advice would be nice. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: