automatic mysql server shutdown with computer.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmstacey2000
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: automatic mysql server shutdown with computer. Reply with quote

Not exactly about Abyss, but people here usually know their stuff.
Anyway, I've been having mysql program startup and start the server to, but when I restart or shutdown it says you have to have the shutdown privilege. What do I do so it shuts down the server automatically because its not really shutting it down the computer just does its thing whether or not :roll:
And I don't want to have to do it manually each time through the command prompt.
Hopefully someone can help :D

-Jon-
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had the problem with shutting down MySQL but if you find yourself at the commandline right before shut down, I'd most likely recommend you write a batch file which is able to do it for you and then use a small tool which will call it before shutting down.

I haven't used it in a while but it was one of my favorite shut down tools and it is called PowerOff 3.0.0.16. you can get it at http://users.pandora.be/jbosman/applications.html

if you do not want a program then I could only suggest you write a batch file and leave it on your desktop, calling it before every shut down.

This is not a permanent solution but one which should help you ease the pain :)

Good luck :)
jmstacey2000
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it all right if it just shuts down like I have been doing without shutting the server down?

-Jon-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: