cgi prob

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amt167
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: cgi prob Reply with quote

i have installed a script on my server which is supposed to track down loads but it also has a nice inter face the user can select from adrop down box which file to down load any way the problem is when i click the download link to down load a file it tries to download one of the cgi scripts and not the script you can take a look here www.freesite.tk/downloads.htm. the script is working to some extent just not downloading the the correct file.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Found
The requested URL /downloads.htm. was not found on this server.

and *gasp* what about this? Apache/1.3.22 Server 8O
That could be considered tratorious....
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bullseye
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:38 pm    Post subject: cgi extension not interpreted by perl Reply with quote

the files that have the *.cgi are not interpreted by the perl intercepter...
instead the browser gives the save file to disk window..

what to do??? please help :x :x

thanks
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: cgi extension not interpreted by perl Reply with quote

bullseye wrote:
the files that have the *.cgi are not interpreted by the perl intercepter...
instead the browser gives the save file to disk window..

what to do??? please help :x :x

thanks

The server can't guess that .cgi files are Perl files. So you must declare the cgi extension as handled by the perl interpreter (use the CGI Interpreter table).
stonie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:30 am    Post subject: cant get tag board to work Reply with quote

i need some help with my tag board i cant get the cgi to run the cgi script i installed php and perl and it still doesnt work it just displays everything in the tag.cgi file please help me i think i need to chmod the files again i dunno. err nm i cant chmod them my ftp client cant connect to my server wtf lol anyone know where to get a good ftp client that has chmod option.

my website = http://prolifek.cjb.net
palace = palace://prolifek.cjb.net:9998
aim = blueboxzers
email = phonetappz@aol.com
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: cant get tag board to work Reply with quote

stonie wrote:
i need some help with my tag board i cant get the cgi to run the cgi script i installed php and perl and it still doesnt work it just displays everything in the tag.cgi file please help me i think i need to chmod the files again i dunno. err nm i cant chmod them my ftp client cant connect to my server wtf lol anyone know where to get a good ftp client that has chmod option.

my website = http://prolifek.cjb.net
palace = palace://prolifek.cjb.net:9998
aim = blueboxzers
email = phonetappz@aol.com

If you are using Windows, permissions do not matter. But you must declare the files with cgi extension as handled by Perl as explained in above post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: