My Abyss Powered, Webserver -

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkSim905
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: My Abyss Powered, Webserver - Reply with quote

On and off from time to time...
More of a personal site for close friends... :?

http://67.82.22.218:905
or...
http://darksim905md.cjb.net
What do you guys think? :?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urm your site links to illegal site like cracking, Bad idea.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
DarkSim905
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not anymore. :idea: ...
I find the Spying one actually informative... I should put that link somewhere else...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I don't think any of that stuff is illegal , finaly a new abyss web server site , hey webmaster , check out my site dedicated to my favorite punk rock band THE OFFSPRING

http://www.offspringvideos.com

POWERED BY ABYSS (YEAH) 8)
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, cool. Nice Site OS17Fan. Cool layout!
True Webmasters rule. :P
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks darkslim I only created that site with my own coding , I don't believe in dream weaver or that other crap , The only thing that i didn't write up myself is the nav menu 8)
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Thanks darkslim I only created that site with my own coding , I don't believe in dream weaver or that other crap , The only thing that i didn't write up myself is the nav menu 8)

Hey that hurt.... Do you know how long it take to use NotePad to code? The "other crap" you mention save me ton of time. So many close deadline need to be finish.
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I agree with CapFusion... :?
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it takes some time to do all that coding , i can build a full length web site in 1 day though so it doesn't really bother me to use note pad 8)
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
yeah it takes some time to do all that coding , i can build a full length web site in 1 day though so it doesn't really bother me to use note pad 8)

Ooh MAN.... If I had to redo my page with NotePad, it will take about atleast 3 months for just one section of the page. By using "other crap", it take us (7 people as a team) about 2 week worth. There are public page and Internal page that need to interact with each other. For both Public and Internal, there are also level. From that one level, there are like department in Sale, Engineer, Marketing, publication, and PR. By using just a NotePad, it would not cut it.

I still remember using HomeSite v5.1 that is close to raw coding like NotePad, but it took awhile to finish. The final result may not be satisfactory due to alignment, image displacement and other minor thing.

Remember the Multi-Layer issue that you have? We did not realize due to lack of testing of the result and shown it as the final page due to schedule. Good thing no one really play around with it until one of our development team point out the problem. The reason is, he had a odd screen display so he need to manipulate the screen and it font to see the problem.
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why I use NotePad, even if; at all, is becaue of pages that either have little amounts of HTML, or many tags that need to be found / replaced quickly (Which I love NotePad for!)
:)
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSim905 wrote:
The reason why I use NotePad, even if; at all, is becaue of pages that either have little amounts of HTML, or many tags that need to be found / replaced quickly (Which I love NotePad for!)
:)

Using NotePad to find a tag or a link, almost like looking for a needle in the Amazon Jungle. Even for a very good structure coding is impossible. Try finding multiple location of one tag /link is hard. With some good editor, just one click of certain object to remove, it will clear that part off or have it all remove and at the same time, you know how it look like before you finish or finalize the page. If it just one simple HTML page, then yes for NotePad but if it look like one of those page that can be stack from your head down to your toe and beyond, then I do not think it a good idea.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh when I talk about note pad I mean multiple pages 8)
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it for some simple things.
E.g, a page may have a dozen links, to the same GIF. (today for example)
I want to change one thing for all GIFs. I just add a few small things, and I'm done.
FrontPage or something else, probably can't do that that easily. Then again, why load such a large program, for such a small thing? :?
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSim905 wrote:
I use it for some simple things.
E.g, a page may have a dozen links, to the same GIF. (today for example)
I want to change one thing for all GIFs. I just add a few small things, and I'm done.
FrontPage or something else, probably can't do that that easily. Then again, why load such a large program, for such a small thing? :?

In your case for a simple small page...... That is cool. But if you have a decent PC ... even just a P3 500MHz w/256M mem. system can open anyone program up like Frontpage, Dreamweaver, Firework, HomeSite, HotDog or NetOjbectFusion within three second just to fix a puntuation mark like a period and close it within 10 second. It will not open as fast as NotePad but pretty quick.

If you have ton of stuff running and heavyly taxing your system... then that is just another story <grin>. Then again, NotePad is cool.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed. 8O
joeyc
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: NotePad Reply with quote

Osfan,

Dude I have a great respect for people who use hotepad. I rebuilt my entire site with notepad. Let me add, that is one wicked site for using notepad, Straight up!! Keep up the cool work. Take a trip to my site if you want to see another true Abyss served site!

Peace,
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: NotePad Reply with quote

joeyc wrote:
Osfan,

Dude I have a great respect for people who use hotepad. I rebuilt my entire site with notepad. Let me add, that is one wicked site for using notepad, Straight up!! Keep up the cool work. Take a trip to my site if you want to see another true Abyss served site!

Peace,

Yeap, you have a Very COOL site but it sometime hard to get in. Heehe. You keep up the GOOD work, too.
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I seen your site its just as cool as mine 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: