Clone Physical Server 2000 to Image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardyork
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Clone Physical Server 2000 to Image Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Off topic I know but looking to see if anyone can help.

I need to clone a really old PC/Server (we're talking a Pentium 4!) it has a SAS adapter and 2 x HDD's

It is running legacy software for a printing company I look after and they have requested I make a backup, potentially in future to commission a VM.

Looking for free, open source or even paid for software that is compatible with Server 2000 that I can create an image of said server....?

Thanks in advance!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Clone Physical Server 2000 to Image Reply with quote

richardyork,

Most commercial software seems to have deprecated support for Windows 2000 so this is going to be an issue.

We suggest trying the open source Clonezilla. Its images can be later started on Virtualbox. You can also download old versions which were produced a few years ago when Windows 2000 was still used. They may help cloning the old system before moving it to a virtual machine.

By the way, Windows 2000 images cannot be cloned and deployed on modern hardware due to the new SATA disks that are not "known" to Windows 2000.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: