Small issue with hosting subdomains

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anybody
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Small issue with hosting subdomains Reply with quote

My DNS is set up so all subdomains point to the my domain so anything like www.wepcrepair.com, asd.wepcrepair.com, crack.wepcrepair.com all go to wepcrepair.com. I have it set up so the host names are wepcrepair.com and *.wepcrepair.com. I did this so any subdomain used isn't pointed to my "Default Host On Port 80"

I have set up a subdomain to point to a different host, images.wepcrepair.com, and instead of it loading this host it loads wepcrepair.com. I want all subdomains to point to wepcrepair.com except for images.wepcrepair.com.

Anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Small issue with hosting subdomains Reply with quote

anybody,

Abyss Web Server uses the order in which the domains are listed in the Hosts table (in the console) to determine which host to use for a given host name.

So all you have to do is to move the host images.wepcrepair.com at the top of the hosts list (before *.wepcrepair.com).

Does it work now?
anybody
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is what I did before I posted the first time and it wasn't working but I figured it out. I should have came back and change the title of my thread to show that I solved my problem before you posted. My bad, sorry.

The problem wasn't with abyss at all. It was with firefox and the way it keeps track of sites. I cleared my history in firefox and what I was trying to do worked just fine.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: