Using it as an intranet server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xathras
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Using it as an intranet server Reply with quote

Hi All, I stumbled across aprelium webserver last year, saved a copy on my hard drive and give it a bash sometime.

Well I just got a new job, to be president of a students union, for those that don't understand what this entails it is generally academic advice, representation and campaigns effecting the student body.

I have noticed that communication to everyone in the organisation is a problem so I thought why not install aprelium on a machine and use it as an intranet server, is this possible?

I have been exploring with the new version of aprelium on my home machine and found it very easy to setup, I had a read of the nice documentation, it helped me understand and implement simple security to any page on the site which is good, for example I could block anyone visiting the main page.

I am looking to add files such as a constitution and all our working documents so anyone who needs such information can access it. Possible of adding calendars, search features etc. but never did that before, anyone got any advice

I would appreciate your input

Wayne
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
tdkyo
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abyss can be used as an intranet http server you said. To add interactivity as you mentioned, you need to add additional support such as php. Goto http://www.hotscripts.com to search many Content Management scripts/programs.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abyss is just a foundation or a host. You will need to search from third party site to get module for what you need. tdkyo indicated, it one of many site. Good luck on your quest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: