Can somebody please help me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesbowers
-

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Can somebody please help me? Reply with quote

On an old server we had, it was running Server version: 5.5.58 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Now our new server runsServer version: 8.0.15 - MySQL Community Server - GPL.
We have a system that once an engineer has completed a form it send it back to the server as a CSV file. Then we have a vbs file that runs and imports the CSV into the database. Now this worked fine on the old server, but I cant get it to work on the new server.
I am a bit limited on what to look for, such as error details, but bsiaclayy the line to import is this
Dim cmd
cmd = "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqlimport --local --user=root --password=May2019 new_db_2005 --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=\"" --fields-terminated-by=, --ignore-lines=1 --columns=" & colLine & " --verbose " & fileName

Can anybody give me a wild guess why this has now stopped working on a newer version?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Can somebody please help me? Reply with quote

jamesbowers wrote:

cmd = "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqlimport --local --user=root --password=May2019 new_db_2005 --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=\"" --fields-terminated-by=, --ignore-lines=1 --columns=" & colLine & " --verbose " & fileName

Try building the command and typing it directly in a Windows command line window. This will help you see what this command generates as errors.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
jasonbond
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Can somebody please help me? Reply with quote

admin wrote:
jamesbowers wrote:

Try building the command and typing it directly in a Windows command line window. This will help you see what this command generates as errors.

Thanks for sharing. I had the same problem and now get fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: