I realy need help on how to set up my website?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
persians4ever
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: I realy need help on how to set up my website? Reply with quote

Dear Mr/Mrs
I have downloadet abyss web server program but when i read the help/support section i dont get it, i dont know what i should do, i do not have anything about hosting and stuff like that, because i just got my webmastering degree. and i want to host my own website. could anyone please help me step by step what to do, thank you
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add me to your MSN messenger my ID is

trustpunk@hotmail.com , i will get to you as soon as i can , i have a passion for web site design and i will be more than happy to help setup up your web server :D
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I realy need help on how to set up my website? Reply with quote

persians4ever wrote:
Dear Mr/Mrs
I have downloadet abyss web server program but when i read the help/support section i dont get it, i dont know what i should do, i do not have anything about hosting and stuff like that, because i just got my webmastering degree. and i want to host my own website. could anyone please help me step by step what to do, thank you

Wow, I did not know there a webmaster degree? That is new to me. I must have live in a box. Mostly I got are just BS degree from my college and other network certificate.

Anyway, tell us what type of setup you have? Like, what type of network you are running? Do you have a router, gateway, one or more pc? Do you have static IP or dynamic? How much do you know networking or general of PC? Give us a starting point. What have you done so far? What error you see?
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is it you need help in? How to run a server? How to run a web site? How to peer to peer? How to use Abyss for FTP? What is the concept of a server?

I think greater detail in your request could possibly return greater results. Good luck :)
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbgunz wrote:
What exactly is it you need help in? How to run a server? How to run a web site? How to peer to peer? How to use Abyss for FTP? What is the concept of a server?

I think greater detail in your request could possibly return greater results. Good luck :)

I think he is just trying to test our patient. So far, I have not seen him reply back or even rant about Abyss is not working for him.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

sorry that i have not replyed i got it working. thanks my friend fixed it for me, but the only thing is that i have dynamic ip and when it changes no one can view my site anymore
what should i do
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: sorry Reply with quote

persians4ever wrote:
sorry that i have not replyed i got it working. thanks my friend fixed it for me, but the only thing is that i have dynamic ip and when it changes no one can view my site anymore
what should i do

Oh, that is VERY easy. Try using a DNS server like http://www.no-ip.com/ where you can update your Dynamic IP about every five minute according to someone here that also have Dynamic IP and using NO-IP like your situation. There are other DNS service provider like DYNDNS (sp?) and other that I can not remember off my head at this moment.

Humm.... I think I need to refill my Java. My brain do seem to work too well.... :D Anyway, try NO-IP and see if it will work for you.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am using the no-ip but i do not know the settings or how to run it
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persians4ever wrote:
i am using the no-ip but i do not know the settings or how to run it

Ahhh, this part I do not really know since I do not use it. I have Static IP and never experience this situation. I will try to download the client software and see what I can find. Hopefully someone here will tell you in better detail like this dude > vbgunz < and many other.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All persians need is the third party client to sit on his/her machine and monitor his/her IP address... the client will sort of handle everything difficult. Just find a compatible client for no-ip and learn it, it really shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes with focus.

Good luck :)
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbgunz wrote:
All persians need is the third party client to sit on his/her machine and monitor his/her IP address... the client will sort of handle everything difficult. Just find a compatible client for no-ip and learn it, it really shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes with focus.

vbgunz, do you have an example for reference or some pix example how it should look like? I assume it should basically setup and other minor adjustment like setting of interval of update to the DNS server.

A tutorial would be great also for those that may need to look at it for references and future Abyss user.
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam using dyndns, since it is hardware supported out-of-the-box by my lil router, but the point is always the same, the client should be able to detect if the ip is really changed and not just update it blindly..., some info (about that specific service) is here:
http://www.dyndns.org/developers/specs/syntax.html
and clients:
http://www.dyndns.org/services/dyndns/clients.html
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CapFusion,

DynDNS has a long list of clients on their website. I believe they have ratings and such for a better pick but in the end theirs more than just one client for just any one person.

Clients for DynDNS is a matter of preference and opinion though some are better than others. It is up tp the user to pick one and learn one. Some are simple while some are difficult.

CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DynDNS has a long list of clients on their website. I believe they have ratings and such for a better pick but in the end theirs more than just one client for just any one person.

Clients for DynDNS is a matter of preference and opinion though some are better than others. It is up tp the user to pick one and learn one. Some are simple while some are difficult.

vbgunz, thank for that valuable information.

Quote:
iam using dyndns, since it is hardware supported out-of-the-box by my lil router, but the point is always the same, the client should be able to detect if the ip is really changed and not just update it blindly..., some info (about that specific service) is here:
http://www.dyndns.org/developers/specs/syntax.html
and clients:
http://www.dyndns.org/services/dyndns/clients.html

smok3, thank you too.

Both of you guy are GREAT. Now, I need to read all those stuff and get better handle on it. I have no clue since I do not need it. All I know is just basic from some of my friends that is on Cable [ComCast].

I hope I do not have to switch ISP for cable with Dynamic IP. I think will be totally lost or have a BIG withdrawl. Or maybe hide in a corner and wait until I get static IP. Heehehe..... :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: