500 Error Message - TimeOut

View previous topic :: View next topic  
capricot
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: 500 Error Message - TimeOut Reply with quote

I have asp script which read from the several xls files and update database. There are 33 xls files all together which takes approximately 5 minutes if i run it from my office and works fine.

Now i'm trying to use this Abyss to run it in my laptop. It is ok if i put 4 xls files but it crash if i put all the files (500 Error Message). I'm suspicious it something to do with script timeout but i have included Server.ScriptTimeout = 900000 on the script and also changed the configuration ScriptTimeOut in console to 900000. It still crash and give the same error.

Anyone have any idea ??
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 500 Error Message - TimeOut Reply with quote

capricot,

Have you increased the CGI Execution Timeout value? (see http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/hosts-configuration.html#HOSTS-SCRIPTING - CGI Parameters).

That's the only timeout that is controlled by Abyss Web Server. The interpreter you are using may have also its own timeout (as you explained above).

Error 500 can also mean that the interpreter failed and sent nothing back to the server. We recommend turning debugging on in ActiveHTML and checking its trace file for more information about what is going on during the execution of your script.
StodoBult
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: 500 Error Message TimeOut Reply with quote

This may happen if you set your MailServer=127.0.0.1 in an email script and Sitephoria is not handling mail for your domain. You should set the MailServer = localhost.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Gleedaniel13
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This may happen if you set your MailServer=127.0.0.1 in an email script and Sitephoria is not handling mail for your domain. You should set the MailServer = localhost.

I think that is the best thing to do to make your server run correctly.
-

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only just joined and i keep getting this message all the time it is so annoying.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
unknown
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: the CGI execution timeout Reply with quote

I had the same problem and solved it by activating the CGI execution timeout value. Even if the post is old I write it in case it can be of help to someone who reads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: