HAVING TROUBLE WITH LINKSYS !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: HAVING TROUBLE WITH LINKSYS ! Reply with quote

Hey I just setup a router to work with abyss today and i will be more than happy to walk you through it , add me to your MSN MESSENGER

trustpunk@hotmail.com

Im guranteed to get you setup with no hassle 8)
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: HAVING TROUBLE WITH LINKSYS ! Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Hey I just setup a router to work with abyss today and i will be more than happy to walk you through it , add me to your MSN MESSENGER

trustpunk@hotmail.com

Im guranteed to get you setup with no hassle 8)

Coool. You must be happy today? Heehehe.....

Wasn't there a tutorial about Linksys in Tuturioral section?
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am i can start my own business doing this , i made someone very happy on thursday 8)
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Yes I am i can start my own business doing this , i made someone very happy on thursday 8)

Humm..... I know how it feel. Alway feel really good when someone problem is resolve and you start seeing their big SMILING face with missing tooth. It just fill your life with a bit of meaning.

Can you make another Linksys Tutorial with Pix and setup steps? This way, the newbie will understand better. This way, they can try on their own first before asking a simple question that your tutorial may answer. It will be alot easier for me to link that step(s) to explan it.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure but it may take a while like a week to get it a good loking interface of a web site , i do care about the looks , dude im going to do that

Please note thought, there are different firmware versions of the linksys setup pages and i can only put up my linksys version because i don't have the other versions but I will make this tutorial so big and easy that linksys may want me to work for them. 8)
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Sure but it may take a while like a week to get it a good loking interface of a web site , i do care about the looks , dude im going to do that

Please note thought, there are different firmware versions of the linksys setup pages and i can only put up my linksys version because i don't have the other versions but I will make this tutorial so big and easy that linksys may want me to work for them. 8)

Coool can not wait for your Tutorial. Basically Linksys generally have the save GUI interface for all their Wired version but the Wireless variaties will have extra due to WEP and other encryption option.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when I helped my friend from thursday , he had a different linksys page , but no matter what I helped him and he now has his own static IP along with his own abyss powered web site :D

I will give you the web site to his site later , I have to ask him if its OK

I will give you a hint of who I helped

"Webmaster Degree" 8) , I think you know now !
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well when I helped my friend from thursday , he had a different linksys page , but no matter what I helped him and he now has his own static IP along with his own abyss powered web site

I will give you the web site to his site later , I have to ask him if its OK

I will give you a hint of who I helped

"Webmaster Degree" , I think you know now !

Ooohh Yeeeah.... I remember that fool..... persians4ever.... Did he really have a "WebMaster Degree"? :D Do he have MCSE or CNE by any chance?
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have some bad news ! , I talk to that person that I setup the linksys for and he said that when he setup his Static IP that his ISP charged him $200 for that one little free IP address you get when setting up your router to work with Abyss and i am very pissed off at his ISP for doing that shit :evil: , ISP's should leave Web server ports alone and let the personal home users have their rights of creating their own business

Thats why all these people are poor on the streets now ! , its because we have a$$ holes in this world :x
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Well I have some bad news ! , I talk to that person that I setup the linksys for and he said that when he setup his Static IP that his ISP charged him $200 for that one little free IP address you get when setting up your router to work with Abyss and i am very pissed off at his ISP for doing that shit :evil: , ISP's should leave Web server ports alone and let the personal home users have their rights of creating their own business

Thats why all these people are poor on the streets now ! , its because we have a$$ holes in this world :x

Sorry to hear that bad news. You can try to changing his port other than Port 80 and see if his ISP notice it. Otherise if nothing happen, then continue using it. Or get another ISP that is friendly to their user. Most of the time only when ISP charge them if they report themself in that they host their personal website. ISP have too many user to check or bother unless they causing too may traffic and might get notice it.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got back with some good news !

Im still doing the linksys tutorial but im going to warn people about this problem

and i talked to that person that has a webmaster degree and he's going to let me host some his files for him and trust me i do a good job , my site is always up unless the power shuts off :( , do any of you know a good ISP better than ROAD RUNNER that lives in the state of Texas

ROAD RUNNER SUCKS DO NOT GO WITH THERE INTERNET , THEY DID THIS TO MY FRIEND I WAS TRYING TO HELP :twisted:
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Well I just got back with some good news !

Im still doing the linksys tutorial but im going to warn people about this problem

and i talked to that person that has a webmaster degree and he's going to let me host some his files for him and trust me i do a good job , my site is always up unless the power shuts off :( , do any of you know a good ISP better than ROAD RUNNER that lives in the state of Texas

ROAD RUNNER SUCKS DO NOT GO WITH THERE INTERNET , THEY DID THIS TO MY FRIEND I WAS TRYING TO HELP :twisted:

Is it RoadRunner is a Cable Broadband? I use ADSL giving me 1.5/756 D/L constant connection. I do not really like Cable due to fluctuation.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Road Runner is a cable modem , the point is I use Comcast and i don't get charged for a Static IP so that is just rediculous , if you plan on getting high speed internet Go with Comcast or ask the people your going with if they support Static IP Addresses 8)
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got ROADRUNNER broadband and they block my port 80 but I do have a static IP address. Truth is for just 79 a month it is possible to upgrade to a business account and acquire a static IP address. It could even improve your speed I believe...

As far as I know the major difference between DSL which usually doesn't block port 80 and cable is the upload speed... With DSL your visitors will get burnt on your butt slow pages and on cable visitors might forget adding the port...

They both have their ups and downs and it is up to you to decide... Your friend and the 200 dollar deal is a rip... For just 40 a year he could of had the premium dyndns deal which should have hidden the port and with his/her own domain...

Just some thoughts. Good luck :)
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
I don't know if Road Runner is a cable modem , the point is I use Comcast and i don't get charged for a Static IP so that is just rediculous , if you plan on getting high speed internet Go with Comcast or ask the people your going with if they support Static IP Addresses 8)

Actually, RoadRunner are both Cable and DSL. RoadRunner is just dial-up type connection when you want to connect at that time.

ComCast where I am, they normally do not provide you a Static IP by dynamic. If you want one, they will charge you $10USD per IP.

DL /UL is about (avg) 300KBS/128KBS (cap).
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbgunz wrote:
I've got ROADRUNNER broadband and they block my port 80 but I do have a static IP address. Truth is for just 79 a month it is possible to upgrade to a business account and acquire a static IP address. It could even improve your speed I believe...

As far as I know the major difference between DSL which usually doesn't block port 80 and cable is the upload speed... With DSL your visitors will get burnt on your butt slow pages and on cable visitors might forget adding the port...

They both have their ups and downs and it is up to you to decide... Your friend and the 200 dollar deal is a rip... For just 40 a year he could of had the premium dyndns deal which should have hidden the port and with his/her own domain...

Just some thoughts. Good luck :)

For $79USD/m is too expensive for us folk here. Our cost for ComCast here is $39USD for 300KBS DL / 128KBS UL but can get varies promo for $19USD for five (5) months then $39USD without static IP and $10USD for static IP. So far from all my friend using ComCast / ATT do not seem any port is block. They all are going crazy with hosting Web / FTP / Game / Xbox and many other that I am not aware about. I guess it really depend on your location if they allow or not (different location have different Policy(?)).
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute , thats why i have to pay like $49.99 a month , its My static IP Address, to bad Road Runner sucks and who would want to use a different port other than 80 , if you do that all your doamains have to be http://yourdomain:82/ 8)

Road Runner told my friend that he would have to pay $200 a month just for a Static IP each month , im glad I have Comcast I don't care about paying $10 extra :D
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Wait a minute , thats why i have to pay like $49.99 a month , its My static IP Address, to bad Road Runner sucks and who would want to use a different port other than 80 , if you do that all your doamains have to be http://yourdomain:82/ 8)

Road Runner told my friend that he would have to pay $200 a month just for a Static IP each month , im glad I have Comcast I don't care about paying $10 extra :D

RoadRunner is like a DUN (client software) to connect when need. ISP use RoadRunner or PoPPE which will save them some green $$$. Not everyone will be on 24/7 so the IP can be recycle for other user. The more IP they need, the more green $$$ they need to buy. Who want to pay more if not need, right?
If you have 10 IP, 30 user can use it instead of only 10 user when assign. During most of the time, those 10 user maybe idling. So, why not have more user so they can get more revenue instead of counting on 10 user each month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: