Possible bug in custom error message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yelnats
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Possible bug in custom error message Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm new here in this forum.

I've been using Abyss for 18 years now, but so far I only use it for sharing simple html pages from my main PC and never explore the program.

Recently I'd like to set up a dedicated server, and would like to excercise password protected folders and custom error pages.

I've successfully use password protected access (access control).
A password is asked whenever visitor is about to access a protected folder. When a visitor is authorised, they can access the files inside the folder, and when not, 401 error message is displayed.

However, if I utilise custom error message for 401 error, a password is not asked, and the visitor was taken straight to the custom 401 error.

I tried to redo the access control (by deleting what's there, restart server, and add again, restart again) and redo the custom error pages in case the steps of doing them matter, but the result was the same.

I also tried to add new index files (in this case "error.htm") spesifically for the custom error folder, but still the server never ask password and display 401 custom error directly.

Is this a known problem? or did I make any mistake when configuring the server?

Thanks before.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible bug in custom error message Reply with quote

Yelnats,

The custom error page for error 401 is a bit picky about some details. Could you please send us your abyss.conf file for review to our technical support by email for review?
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: