phpbb3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: phpbb3 Reply with quote

Yes, if you haven't noticed, on the 13th of December, the new phpbb3 came out.

I have successfully installed phpbb3 on a windows platform. If anyone is having problems setting up, let me know. I'm sure AbyssUnderground will have a tutorial up soon. I have taken screen shots of my install configuration. So, if anyone needs them, I can e-mail them to you. Note, I set this up using SMTP relays.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: phpbb3 Reply with quote

ChrisM2 wrote:
Yes, if you haven't noticed, on the 13th of December, the new phpbb3 came out.

Hopefully PhpBB 3 will have a better security record than PhpBB 2. We'll try to check if it's worth moving the current forum to PhpBB 3. Since we've customized it a lot and hacked the code in more than one occasion, it's going to be a tedious task.
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: phpbb3 Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:

Hopefully PhpBB 3 will have a better security record than PhpBB 2. We'll try to check if it's worth moving the current forum to PhpBB 3. Since we've customized it a lot and hacked the code in more than one occasion, it's going to be a tedious task.

I have it up and running on my House Server...not sure I like it yet. They have changed some things around leaving me asking questions on how to do certain things I could do before. It got solved, but just not used to the feel yet.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried phpBB3 yet, I always found phpBB2 kind of boring so hopefully that will change.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NuccatheWarrior
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pgpbb3 is glitched. front page shows up with the theme, but as soon u get into the administration panel theres is no color, just text with links

http://nuccathewarrior.kicks-ass.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm.. not how I'd describe mine NuccatheWarrior =\
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fulliautomatix
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: I need help Reply with quote

Hi,

can you send me the screen shots you took to install the phpbb3 forum in your home server.? i am also using a home server and installed phpbb3, but havin prob's with e-mail settings.

mail id:- fulliautomatix.silence@gmail.com
bprsk8r4272
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help Reply with quote

NuccatheWarrior wrote:
pgpbb3 is glitched. front page shows up with the theme, but as soon u get into the administration panel theres is no color, just text with links

it is not glitched

fulliautomatix wrote:
Hi,

can you send me the screen shots you took to install the phpbb3 forum in your home server.? i am also using a home server and installed phpbb3, but havin prob's with e-mail settings.

mail id:- fulliautomatix.silence@gmail.com

go to the admin control panel and on the left under Client communication click E-mail settings just fill in you smtp settings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it since i started using it, when it redirects back to the index page of the forum it does some times show up with out any theme, just black and white on the page. Might not be installing right now that I think about it.

bprsk8r4272
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i installed phpbb3 numerous times with out any problems at all

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Personal Opinion, write your own board before using phpBB. The support is horrible, mods and upgrades are horrible. You'd be better off writing your own, and making your own mods. Not everybody has the technical know-how, but experimentation will surprise you.
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

support is not horrible they answer all questions quick i am a member on there forums everytime i asked something it got answered quickly.

phpBB2 has alot of good mods.
phpBB3 people are still making mods to be validated look at there mods in development.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, writing your own board, there's no such thing as mods, or support. You do that yourself.

With phpBB's mods, you get to worry about keeping them working -- keeping the data, when you have to upgrade because of some security flaw. With your own board, this is never a problem because anytime you change the code, you're mod'ding it and updating it all at the same time.

I wrote the forum system on my site and have had next to no issues with it. It uses my own databasing system, as opposed to having the headache of SQL, it has it's own sign up, login, log out, profiles, everything. To do this on phpBB, you'd need to do a full site integration mod, tons of database work, and tons of your own coding.

Wouldn't it be easier to just do the code?
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree its great to write your own everything, but for most people that is way too difficult. Writing your own is a fun (but sometimes frustrating) and great experience, but not everyone can (or wants) to do that. I make many things, but before I do I consider the practicality of starting a project. When it comes to writing a forum, that could be practical depending on what you will be using it for.

Also, don't forget if you start your own project you have to understand design, security, portability, and of course all the programming you will have to do. It's not an easy task.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
Also, don't forget if you start your own project you have to understand design, security, portability, and of course all the programming you will have to do. It's not an easy task.

You're right, the initial version of my board didn't so much as use strip tags to do anything, when users profiles weren't available, it would dump the member name/sessionID log (imagine that mess...), and you could sign up by putting invalid characters in your name and post as that user.

Of course, now that I've learned more of the initial mess (which was around 10 scripts, probably around 2,300 lines of code), I've mainstreamed it into one script with 1,600 lines of code. With this in mind, session hijacking is impossible (I can post my cookie name and session variable for my SysOp account if anybody is interested in attempting), all characters besides 0-9, A-z are stripped out (yea, that includes dashes...) referrers are checked for every post, session IDs are attached to all moderator functions, even in forms that won't load for anybody besides admin/mods.

Biggest issue? I'd have to yank that entire script apart to build it into usable for another site. So the portability was at a loss.

I did start another project similar to how phpBB runs, where you have templates, and themes and it works off of that. I'm generally really protective of my code, and I decided I didn't want to release it once it was finished, so I only completed about 10% of the project before it was scrapped.
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really considered this idea, but I'm actually thinking about making a forum. I might have to ask you about some of the design elements at some point. Does anyone know of a simple/bare bones PHP forum system I can study? Stuff like PHPBB and SMF are a bit big for code studying.
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you planning on using SQL for the database? I don't use any external Database engine, I incorporated my own into the PHP. I've seen ones that simply allow you to type in a username, captcha, and post. (Very similar to just a comment box). Really, a basic forum is simple to write, it's the security and "cool" features that make it a bit difficult to do.
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was thinking of SQL and using accounts. What do you use for storage? Text files?
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D

Yes sir. Most people would find that idiotic to use, I find it a ton easier to work with than SQL.
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not bad, but I never can decide the best way to store stuff. I think with this project I'll attempt a storage-neutral approach by using abstraction.
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQL isn't really that hard, it's just the commands that make it hard. Try working with XML data! The DOM (which is used to edit XML) is a tough cookie to crack when it comes to PHP. The best data storage option would be to use SQLite for flatfile databases, and the reason why is because you don't have to deal with so many data types in it. Go to http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html for more information.
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also considered SQlite, but I'm not sure how widely supported it is out there. The best idea I can think of trying to use SQL in a neutral way (so that the database won't matter much and it will work with say MySQL and PostgreSQL with little or no changes).

XML really isn't a bad idea, its not terribly difficult to work with and at least its easy to understand. But for something like a forum it might be a little slow and unreliable.
YeoKun
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah umm I could use some help. ^_^

I have.....

MySQL v5
Abyss Web Server
phpbb3
php5

i connected it to my SQL database but when i try to load the instal.php all i get is jumbled up code.

can ya offer any help?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it look like? It could be that PHP isn't properly declared in Abyss and thus PHP isn't processing the page.
YeoKun
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Supid double post....lagged bad*

Last edited by YeoKun on Fri May 02, 2008 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
YeoKun
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm hosting a Ragnarok Server and my control panel is working fine *also uses SQL and php* and when i load it it's a bunch of scrambled random junk.

well when I open it from the web page it says

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at rolegends.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

And if i right click it and say open in FireFox it has this.....

true, '_GET' => true, '_POST' => true, '_COOKIE' => true, '_REQUEST' => true, '_SERVER' => true, '_SESSION' => true, '_ENV' => true, '_FILES' => true, 'phpEx' => true, 'phpbb_root_path' => true ); // Not only will array_merge and array_keys give a warning if // a parameter is not an array, array_merge will actually fail. // So we check if _SESSION has been initialised. if (!isset($_SESSION) || !is_array($_SESSION)) { $_SESSION = array(); } // Merge all into one extremely huge array; unset this later $input = array_merge( array_keys($_GET), array_keys($_POST), array_keys($_COOKIE), array_keys($_SERVER), array_keys($_SESSION), array_keys($_ENV), array_keys($_FILES) ); foreach ($input as $varname) { if (isset($not_unset[$varname])) { // Hacking attempt. No point in continuing unless it's a COOKIE if ($varname !== 'GLOBALS' || isset($_GET['GLOBALS']) || isset($_POST['GLOBALS']) || isset($_SERVER['GLOBALS']) || isset($_SESSION['GLOBALS']) || isset($_ENV['GLOBALS']) || isset($_FILES['GLOBALS'])) { exit; } else { $cookie = &$_COOKIE; while (isset($cookie['GLOBALS'])) { foreach ($cookie['GLOBALS'] as $registered_var => $value) { if (!isset($not_unset[$registered_var])) { unset($GLOBALS[$registered_var]); } } $cookie = &$cookie['GLOBALS']; } } } unset($GLOBALS[$varname]); } unset($input); } // If we are on PHP >= 6.0.0 we do not need some code if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '6.0.0-dev', '>=')) { /** * @ignore */ define('STRIP', false); } else { set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); // Be paranoid with passed vars if (@ini_get('register_globals') == '1' || strtolower(@ini_get('register_globals')) == 'on') { deregister_globals(); } define('STRIP', (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) ? true : false); } // Try to override some limits - maybe it helps some... @set_time_limit(0); $mem_limit = @ini_get('memory_limit'); if (!empty($mem_limit)) { $unit = strtolower(substr($mem_limit, -1, 1)); $mem_limit = (int) $mem_limit; if ($unit == 'k') { $mem_limit = floor($mem_limit / 1024); } else if ($unit == 'g') { $mem_limit *= 1024; } else if (is_numeric($unit)) { $mem_limit = floor((int) ($mem_limit . $unit) / 1048576); } $mem_limit = max(128, $mem_limit) . 'M'; } else { $mem_limit = '128M'; } @ini_set('memory_limit', $mem_limit); // Include essential scripts require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions.' . $phpEx); if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_content.' . $phpEx)) { require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_content.' . $phpEx); } include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/auth.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/session.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/template.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/acm/acm_file.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/cache.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_admin.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/utf/utf_tools.' . $phpEx); require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_install.' . $phpEx); // Try and load an appropriate language if required $language = basename(request_var('language', '')); if (!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE']) && !$language) { $accept_lang_ary = explode(',', strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'])); foreach ($accept_lang_ary as $accept_lang) { // Set correct format ... guess full xx_yy form $accept_lang = substr($accept_lang, 0, 2) . '_' . substr($accept_lang, 3, 2); if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $accept_lang)) { $language = $accept_lang; break; } else { // No match on xx_yy so try xx $accept_lang = substr($accept_lang, 0, 2); if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $accept_lang)) { $language = $accept_lang; break; } } } } // No appropriate language found ... so let's use the first one in the language // dir, this may or may not be English if (!$language) { $dir = @opendir($phpbb_root_path . 'language'); if (!$dir) { die('Unable to access the language directory'); exit; } while (($file = readdir($dir)) !== false) { $path = $phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $file; if (!is_file($path) && !is_link($path) && file_exists($path . '/iso.txt')) { $language = $file; break; } } closedir($dir); } if (!file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $language)) { die('No language found!'); } // And finally, load the relevant language files include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $language . '/common.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $language . '/acp/common.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $language . '/acp/board.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $language . '/install.' . $phpEx); include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $language . '/posting.' . $phpEx); $mode = request_var('mode', 'overview'); $sub = request_var('sub', ''); // Set PHP error handler to ours set_error_handler(defined('PHPBB_MSG_HANDLER') ? PHPBB_MSG_HANDLER : 'msg_handler'); $user = new user(); $auth = new auth(); $cache = new cache(); $template = new template(); // Add own hook handler, if present. :o if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/hooks/index.' . $phpEx)) { require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/hooks/index.' . $phpEx); $phpbb_hook = new phpbb_hook(array('exit_handler', 'phpbb_user_session_handler', 'append_sid', array('template', 'display'))); foreach ($cache->obtain_hooks() as $hook) { @include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/hooks/' . $hook . '.' . $phpEx); } } else { $phpbb_hook = false; } // Set some standard variables we want to force $config = array( 'load_tplcompile' => '1' ); $template->set_custom_template('../adm/style', 'admin'); $template->assign_var('T_TEMPLATE_PATH', '../adm/style'); // the acp template is never stored in the database $user->theme['template_storedb'] = false; $install = new module(); $install->create('install', "index.$phpEx", $mode, $sub); $install->load(); // Generate the page $install->page_header(); $install->generate_navigation(); $template->set_filenames(array( 'body' => $install->get_tpl_name()) ); $install->page_footer(); /** * @package install */ class module { var $id = 0; var $type = 'install'; var $module_ary = array(); var $filename; var $module_url = ''; var $tpl_name = ''; var $mode; var $sub; /** * Private methods, should not be overwritten */ function create($module_type, $module_url, $selected_mod = false, $selected_submod = false) { global $db, $config, $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path; $module = array(); // Grab module information using Bart's "neat-o-module" system (tm) $dir = @opendir('.'); if (!$dir) { $this->error('Unable to access the installation directory', __LINE__, __FILE__); } $setmodules = 1; while (($file = readdir($dir)) !== false) { if (preg_match('#^install_(.*?)\.' . $phpEx . '$#', $file)) { include($file); } } closedir($dir); unset($setmodules); if (!sizeof($module)) { $this->error('No installation modules found', __LINE__, __FILE__); } // Order to use and count further if modules get assigned to the same position or not having an order $max_module_order = 1000; foreach ($module as $row) { // Check any module pre-reqs if ($row['module_reqs'] != '') { } // Module order not specified or module already assigned at this position? if (!isset($row['module_order']) || isset($this->module_ary[$row['module_order']])) { $row['module_order'] = $max_module_order; $max_module_order++; } $this->module_ary[$row['module_order']]['name'] = $row['module_title']; $this->module_ary[$row['module_order']]['filename'] = $row['module_filename']; $this->module_ary[$row['module_order']]['subs'] = $row['module_subs']; $this->module_ary[$row['module_order']]['stages'] = $row['module_stages']; if (strtolower($selected_mod) == strtolower($row['module_title'])) { $this->id = (int) $row['module_order']; $this->filename = (string) $row['module_filename']; $this->module_url = (string) $module_url; $this->mode = (string) $selected_mod; // Check that the sub-mode specified is valid or set a default if not if (is_array($row['module_subs'])) { $this->sub = strtolower((in_array(strtoupper($selected_submod), $row['module_subs'])) ? $selected_submod : $row['module_subs'][0]); } else if (is_array($row['module_stages'])) { $this->sub = strtolower((in_array(strtoupper($selected_submod), $row['module_stages'])) ? $selected_submod : $row['module_stages'][0]); } else { $this->sub = ''; } } } // END foreach } // END create /** * Load and run the relevant module if applicable */ function load($mode = false, $run = true) { global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx; if ($run) { if (!empty($mode)) { $this->mode = $mode; } $module = $this->filename; if (!class_exists($module)) { $this->error('Module "' . htmlspecialchars($module) . '" not accessible.', __LINE__, __FILE__); } $this->module = new $module($this); if (method_exists($this->module, 'main')) { $this->module->main($this->mode, $this->sub); } } } /** * Output the standard page header */ function page_header() { if (defined('HEADER_INC')) { return; } define('HEADER_INC', true); global $template, $lang, $stage, $phpbb_root_path; $template->assign_vars(array( 'L_CHANGE' => $lang['CHANGE'], 'L_INSTALL_PANEL' => $lang['INSTALL_PANEL'], 'L_SELECT_LANG' => $lang['SELECT_LANG'], 'L_SKIP' => $lang['SKIP'], 'PAGE_TITLE' => $this->get_page_title(), 'T_IMAGE_PATH' => $phpbb_root_path . 'adm/images/', 'S_CONTENT_DIRECTION' => $lang['DIRECTION'], 'S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN' => ($lang['DIRECTION'] == 'ltr') ? 'left' : 'right', 'S_CONTENT_FLOW_END' => ($lang['DIRECTION'] == 'ltr') ? 'right' : 'left', 'S_CONTENT_ENCODING' => 'UTF-8', 'S_USER_LANG' => $lang['USER_LANG'], ) ); header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8'); header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"'); header('Expires: 0'); header('Pragma: no-cache'); return; } /** * Output the standard page footer */ function page_footer() { global $db, $template; $template->display('body'); // Close our DB connection. if (!empty($db) && is_object($db)) { $db->sql_close(); } if (function_exists('exit_handler')) { exit_handler(); } } /** * Returns desired template name */ function get_tpl_name() { return $this->module->tpl_name . '.html'; } /** * Returns the desired page title */ function get_page_title() { global $lang; if (!isset($this->module->page_title)) { return ''; } return (isset($lang[$this->module->page_title])) ? $lang[$this->module->page_title] : $this->module->page_title; } /** * Generate an HTTP/1.1 header to redirect the user to another page * This is used during the installation when we do not have a database available to call the normal redirect function * @param string $page The page to redirect to relative to the installer root path */ function redirect($page) { // HTTP_HOST is having the correct browser url in most cases... $server_name = (!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) ? strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) : ((!empty($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'])) ? $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] : getenv('SERVER_NAME')); $server_port = (!empty($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'])) ? (int) $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] : (int) getenv('SERVER_PORT'); $secure = (isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && $_SERVER['HTTPS'] == 'on') ? 1 : 0; $script_name = (!empty($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) ? $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] : getenv('PHP_SELF'); if (!$script_name) { $script_name = (!empty($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) ? $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : getenv('REQUEST_URI'); } // Replace backslashes and doubled slashes (could happen on some proxy setups) $script_name = str_replace(array('\\', '//'), '/', $script_name); $script_path = trim(dirname($script_name)); $url = (($secure) ? 'https://' : 'http://') . $server_name; if ($server_port && (($secure && $server_port <> 443) || (!$secure && $server_port <> 80))) { // HTTP HOST can carry a port number... if (strpos($server_name, ':') === false) { $url .= ':' . $server_port; } } $url .= $script_path . '/' . $page; header('Location: ' . $url); exit; } /** * Generate the navigation tabs */ function generate_navigation() { global $lang, $template, $phpEx, $language; if (is_array($this->module_ary)) { @ksort($this->module_ary); foreach ($this->module_ary as $cat_ary) { $cat = $cat_ary['name']; $l_cat = (!empty($lang['CAT_' . $cat])) ? $lang['CAT_' . $cat] : preg_replace('#_#', ' ', $cat); $cat = strtolower($cat); $url = $this->module_url . "?mode=$cat&language=$language"; if ($this->mode == $cat) { $template->assign_block_vars('t_block1', array( 'L_TITLE' => $l_cat, 'S_SELECTED' => true, 'U_TITLE' => $url, )); if (is_array($this->module_ary[$this->id]['subs'])) { $subs = $this->module_ary[$this->id]['subs']; foreach ($subs as $option) { $l_option = (!empty($lang['SUB_' . $option])) ? $lang['SUB_' . $option] : preg_replace('#_#', ' ', $option); $option = strtolower($option); $url = $this->module_url . '?mode=' . $this->mode . "&sub=$option&language=$language"; $template->assign_block_vars('l_block1', array( 'L_TITLE' => $l_option, 'S_SELECTED' => ($this->sub == $option), 'U_TITLE' => $url, )); } } if (is_array($this->module_ary[$this->id]['stages'])) { $subs = $this->module_ary[$this->id]['stages']; $matched = false; foreach ($subs as $option) { $l_option = (!empty($lang['STAGE_' . $option])) ? $lang['STAGE_' . $option] : preg_replace('#_#', ' ', $option); $option = strtolower($option); $matched = ($this->sub == $option) ? true : $matched; $template->assign_block_vars('l_block2', array( 'L_TITLE' => $l_option, 'S_SELECTED' => ($this->sub == $option), 'S_COMPLETE' => !$matched, )); } } } else { $template->assign_block_vars('t_block1', array( 'L_TITLE' => $l_cat, 'S_SELECTED' => false, 'U_TITLE' => $url, )); } } } } /** * Output an error message * If skip is true, return and continue execution, else exit */ function error($error, $line, $file, $skip = false) { global $lang, $db, $template; if ($skip) { $template->assign_block_vars('checks', array( 'S_LEGEND' => true, 'LEGEND' => $lang['INST_ERR'], )); $template->assign_block_vars('checks', array( 'TITLE' => basename($file) . ' [ ' . $line . ' ]', 'RESULT' => '' . $error . '', )); return; } echo ''; echo ''; echo ''; echo ''; echo ''; echo ''; echo ''; echo ''; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo ' '; echo '
'; echo '
' . $lang['INST_ERR_FATAL'] . '
'; echo '

' . $lang['INST_ERR_FATAL'] . "
\n"; echo '

' . basename($file) . ' [ ' . $line . " ]
\n"; echo '

' . $error . "
\n"; echo '
'; echo ' '; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo ' Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group'; echo '
'; echo '
'; echo ''; echo ''; if (!empty($db) && is_object($db)) { $db->sql_close(); } exit_handler(); } /** * Output an error message for a database related problem * If skip is true, return and continue execution, else exit */ function db_error($error, $sql, $line, $file, $skip = false) { global $lang, $db, $template; if ($skip) { $template->assign_block_vars('checks', array( 'S_LEGEND' => true, 'LEGEND' => $lang['INST_ERR_FATAL'], )); $template->assign_block_vars('checks', array( 'TITLE' => basename($file) . ' [ ' . $line . ' ]', 'RESULT' => '' . $error . '
» SQL:' . $sql, )); return; } $template->set_filenames(array( 'body' => 'install_error.html') ); $this->page_header(); $this->generate_navigation(); $template->assign_vars(array( 'MESSAGE_TITLE' => $lang['INST_ERR_FATAL_DB'], 'MESSAGE_TEXT' => '

' . basename($file) . ' [ ' . $line . ' ]

SQL : ' . $sql . '

' . $error . '
', )); // Rollback if in transaction if ($db->transaction) { $db->sql_transaction('rollback'); } $this->page_footer(); } /** * Generate the relevant HTML for an input field and the associated label and explanatory text */ function input_field($name, $type, $value='', $options='') { global $lang; $tpl_type = explode(':', $type); $tpl = ''; switch ($tpl_type[0]) { case 'text': case 'password': $size = (int) $tpl_type[1]; $maxlength = (int) $tpl_type[2]; $tpl = ''; break; case 'textarea': $rows = (int) $tpl_type[1]; $cols = (int) $tpl_type[2]; $tpl = '' . $value . ''; break; case 'radio': $key_yes = ($value) ? ' checked="checked" id="' . $name . '"' : ''; $key_no = (!$value) ? ' checked="checked" id="' . $name . '"' : ''; $tpl_type_cond = explode('_', $tpl_type[1]); $type_no = ($tpl_type_cond[0] == 'disabled' || $tpl_type_cond[0] == 'enabled') ? false : true; $tpl_no = ' ' . (($type_no) ? $lang['NO'] : $lang['DISABLED']) . ''; $tpl_yes = ' ' . (($type_no) ? $lang['YES'] : $lang['ENABLED']) . ''; $tpl = ($tpl_type_cond[0] == 'yes' || $tpl_type_cond[0] == 'enabled') ? $tpl_yes . ' ' . $tpl_no : $tpl_no . ' ' . $tpl_yes; break; case 'select': eval('$s_options = ' . str_replace('{VALUE}', $value, $options) . ';'); $tpl = ''; break; case 'custom': eval('$tpl = ' . str_replace('{VALUE}', $value, $options) . ';'); break; default: break; } return $tpl; } /** * Generate the drop down of available language packs */ function inst_language_select($default = '') { global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx; $dir = @opendir($phpbb_root_path . 'language'); if (!$dir) { $this->error('Unable to access the language directory', __LINE__, __FILE__); } while ($file = readdir($dir)) { $path = $phpbb_root_path . 'language/' . $file; if ($file == '.' || $file == '..' || is_link($path) || is_file($path) || $file == 'CVS') { continue; } if (file_exists($path . '/iso.txt')) { list($displayname, $localname) = @file($path . '/iso.txt'); $lang[$localname] = $file; } } closedir($dir); @asort($lang); @reset($lang); $user_select = ''; foreach ($lang as $displayname => $filename) { $selected = (strtolower($default) == strtolower($filename)) ? ' selected="selected"' : ''; $user_select .= '' . ucwords($displayname) . ''; } return $user_select; } } ?>
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're site is for whatever reason inaccessible. The reason you see gibberish (actually...PHP code) is because you are opening the file locally and Firefox doesn't parse PHP (the web server makes the php interpreter parse it to get rid of the "gibberish" and send the correct output.
YeoKun
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any way to fix it? the site it self runs just fine
NuccatheWarrior
-

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its more likely a server IP problem. Change the Ip on the host name. Mine says its timed out.

Are you on DSL, Cable, Dial up, T1, T3? what?

Many other possibilities is that some times your ISP doesn't let it through. Usually a bad node in your area.

But the php code I'm see is that you don't have something configured right.

Do you have the Scripting Parameters/Custom Environment Variables correct like this?

Code:

Name: REDIRECT_STATUS
Vaule: 200

mupendarreddy
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: phpbb3 Reply with quote

Hi
can you plz send me the whole process of installing phpbb to my mail mallu.upendarreddy@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: