fastcgi, flup and caching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gratteur
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: fastcgi, flup and caching Reply with quote

hi
I'm developing a web application with python using web.py that uses flup which communicate with fastcgi.

each time I modify my python code, I have to restart my apache serveur because sometime the fastcgi cache keeps the old version (see here : http://www.fastcgi.com/docs/faq.html#application_reload). I'd like to avoid restarting apache 2 time every minutes because for many reasons..

the FAQ says that the cache can be cleared using the application that communicate with fastcgi (flup in my case)
does anyone know how to clear the fastcgi cache with flup ? I couldn't find documentation :(

thanx in advance !

Fabrice
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Mikor
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just run it in normal cgi mode - use fastcgi when its finished

MSN:
michael_walker_2004 <at> hotmail <dot> com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
gratteur
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just run it in normal cgi mode - use fastcgi when its finished

yeah you're absolutely right.. I didn't think about it.

How to use normal CGI mode ?

In web.py, I tried to change this instruction "web.runwsgi = web.runfcgi" to this one : "web.runwsgi = web.runscgi"
but it still seems to run the fastcgi dynamic server :

"
FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/var/www/craftsrv1/htdocs/manyscripts/index.py" restarted (pid 30169)
2006-09-01 11:53:52 : MyServer starting up
2006-09-01 11:53:52 : Failed to bind socket (Address already in use), exiting
[Fri Sep 1 11:53:52 2006] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/var/www/craftsrv1/htdocs/manyscripts/index.py" (pid 30169) terminated by calling exit with status
"

and I can't access to any page from the browser...
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Mikor this is a froum for Abyss Web Server not bloody Apache geez
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:

WTF are you on about? Where the HELL does he mention Apache AT ALL? Jesus Christ, you are really getting on my nerves now. This is the third post today Ive come across of yours that has NO relevance to the topic what-so-ever.

To use normal CGI mode go into the Abyss console, into scripting paramaters, change the interpreter to CGI instead of FastCGI, apply the settings, restart abyss, and viola.
Mikor
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:

I never mentioned apache and I have never used apache.

MSN:
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, Mikor, The first post. I may be acting a bit arogant lately and I apologize. I'm experiancing a difficult time at school and home. Once again sorry.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:
Andy, Mikor, The first post. I may be acting a bit arogant lately and I apologize. I'm experiancing a difficult time at school and home. Once again sorry.

Thats no excuse, so, whatever.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:
MrWiseOne wrote:

Thats no excuse, so, whatever.

Obviously, and I certainly hope it passes as something. We've come to far to start fighting again. Lifes to short.
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: fastcgi, flup and caching Reply with quote

gratteur wrote:
hi
I'm developing a web application with python using web.py that uses flup which communicate with fastcgi.

each time I modify my python code, I have to restart my apache serveur because sometime the fastcgi cache keeps the old version (see here : http://www.fastcgi.com/docs/faq.html#application_reload). I'd like to avoid restarting apache 2 time every minutes because for many reasons..

the FAQ says that the cache can be cleared using the application that communicate with fastcgi (flup in my case)
does anyone know how to clear the fastcgi cache with flup ? I couldn't find documentation :(

thanx in advance !

Fabrice

You don't deserve any help from us. Stop using Apache, and we will start
helping you with your "ABYSS WEB SERVER" problems.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: fastcgi, flup and caching Reply with quote

TRUSTAbyss wrote:
gratteur wrote:
hi

thanx in advance !

Fabrice

You don't deserve any help from us. Trader.

Well this certainly makes me wonder.. If some people even read the first post. Atleast Josh did... By the way Josh, I'm using File Limit again, you really should charge for that one. It's quality.
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You caught my first post before I edited it. lol
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

-------

It's come to my attention in recent chats with Josh on msn that all 3 of you misinterpruted me. :)

I shouted at Mikor because he tryed to help and Apache user on the Abyss Web Server forum.
gratteur
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have used the wrong forum, but the Mikor post helped me to solve my problem.

That's the most important I think. If you can help someone (even if it's the wrong forum), help (even if you preach for abyss) or just say nothing.

That series of posts illustrates perfectly the meaning of "open minded" and "narrow minded" people

thank you again mikor
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apache caused me quite some problems long ago and so it's now the evil thing in my life.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:
Apache caused me quite some problems long ago and so it's now the evil thing in my life.

Its only software, its hardly the end of the world. I thought you would have become a little more mature by now but obviously you havent. Grow up.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:
MrWiseOne wrote:

Its only software, its hardly the end of the world. I thought you would have become a little more mature by now but obviously you havent. Grow up.

There are no words in my vocabulary that could even slightly, possibly explain you.
Mikor
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:
AbyssUnderground wrote:
MrWiseOne wrote:

There are no words in my vocabulary that could even slightly, possibly explain you.

Are these the sort of "problems" that should never be mentioned after they have happened?
The sort of problems that take ages to fix, and result in huge damage?

MSN:
cavavearourdy
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: fastcgi flup and caching Reply with quote

Ive commited some changes to the setup code. This was tested and seems to work on both lynx in console on server and firefox from the host machine.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
nicholosonjack
New User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have used the wrong forum, but the Mikor post helped me to solve my problem.

That's the most important I think. If you can help someone (even if it's the wrong forum), help (even if you preach for abyss) or just say nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: