Preconfigured PHP 5.2.9-1 package for Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Preconfigured PHP 5.2.9-1 package for Windows Reply with quote

Dear all,

PHP 5.2.9-1 has been released yesterday and fixes a major flaw in 5.2.9 and improves several features: http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php .

The preconfigured PHP 5.2.9 package for Windows is available from: http://www.aprelium.com/data/php529-1.exe .

Please give it a try and let us know if it works fine for you.

The installation instructions are similar to those in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html with one major exception: Type must be set to Standard

READ THIS IF YOU ARE UPGRADING:

If you are upgrading from an old preconfigured PHP package do not forget to set Type to Standard in the interpreter declaration.
anybody
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, that was rather quick. The thread I posted two days ago about the bug in 5.2.9 for windows has only gotten 38 views. Someone was paying attention. I'm glad you saw it and got out a new release of your preconfigured package.

Once again, thank you for your hard work.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky windows users - seem to be getting all the support (for a multi-platform application).
anybody
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It becomes far more complicated when you compile php for other operating systems.
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody wrote:
It becomes far more complicated when you compile php for other operating systems.

That may be true, but abyss is still a multi-paltform application. Difficult doesn't mean impossible, especially as older versions do exist :)
anybody
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't Aprelium responsibility to compile php for you every time php.net releases a new version of it. The whole point of Aprelium.com is to provide you with Abyss Web Server.

You can consider your self lucky that Aprelium already has a compiled version of php on their site. If you want to update php for Mac OS X then I suggest you go download php from php.net and compile it.
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody wrote:
It isn't Aprelium responsibility to compile php for you every time php.net releases a new version of it. The whole point of Aprelium.com is to provide you with Abyss Web Server.

You can consider your self lucky that Aprelium already has a compiled version of php on their site. If you want to update php for Mac OS X then I suggest you go download php from php.net and compile it.

Thank you for the very helpful advice. Naturally, I was unaware of all of your pearls of wisdom. Sigh.
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst it is no ones responsibility to do anything for anybody, this is a support forum and users are looking for help.

Aprellium do compile and support most new releases of PHP for windows. That's great. They have also done the same thing for other platforms (OS X being one). What I would like to know is, will they continue to do so? The only company response I have read is that it is difficult to build for OS X at the moment. Does that mean there will be no more official builds? Any information is better than no information.

I have compiled 5.2.9 for OS X, but I can not get it to work with Abyss (even though it did compile without error). So my request for support IMHO is not unreasonable. I do have a server which requires PHP. I chose Abyss (pro version) over Apache on OS X server. I can of course go back to this, but do not want to as I find Abyss a much more user friendly product and very stable. Some helpful insight into getting more recent versions of PHP to play nicely with Abyss would be greatly appreciated.
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Please use the edit feature instead of double posting.

Thanks Aprelium for the (as usual) fast reaction time with the preconfigured packages! It is working great!
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is safe to assume that Aprelium's main audience is Windows users. That's why they make a PHP package for it first. They do release OS X packages (or at least they have in the past), but not as often. And releasing for Linux would be silly, since its common to compile it yourself or many distros already come with it.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
I think it is safe to assume that Aprelium's main audience is Windows users. That's why they make a PHP package for it first. They do release OS X packages (or at least they have in the past), but not as often. And releasing for Linux would be silly, since its common to compile it yourself or many distros already come with it.

Seems that way. Had to turn apache2 on with 5.2.9 and control via webmin. Not as elegant as Abyss, but working.
anybody
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

php.net does have links to 3rd party sites that may already have it compiled for you.

These stats I found are for browsers so this is a guess. I found on w3schools.com that 6% of their visitors are using a Mac operating system and this is a pretty small percentage.
Harry777
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded yesterday and all seems to work fine so far.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up:

5.2.9-2 is now available from PHP. (Non Pre Configured Package)

Thanks for keeping the updates of PHP's Packages coming quick Aprelium!
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried it? I know this thread is a couple months old but I was curious to see how it turned out...
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitsy wrote:
Has anyone tried it? I know this thread is a couple months old but I was curious to see how it turned out...

We are using it everyday since the release and we (and our clients) had no problem until now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: