Problems accessing the server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowbutsure
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject: Problems accessing the server Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed the server and can see the web page on the computer the server is on. I can also see it on one other device (iPhone) In order to do this, and I dont know if it was right, I did the following:

1. Added the iPhone’s IP address in IP address control in config.
2. Used the server computers IP address in the iPhone to see the web page.

However, when I then try on a different computer or phone I cant access it. I cant do step 1. Above again as it says that the path is duplicated (I choose the index file.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get all devices on the network to see the web page?

Strange update: I cannot even consistently see the web page that the server is on. I opened my laptop (that its on) and now it says error 403 forbidden. Only way I can seem to make it work is if I remove and then reinstall the software. Help!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems accessing the server Reply with quote

slowbutsure,

A computer has more than one IP address and more than a network interface. Each interface has its IP address.

By default, there is the 127.0.0.1 address which is also called localhost. It is a special interface that is only accessible on the same computer only.

Usually, you have also a second network interface through your WiFi or Ethernet port. It is usually assigned an IP that looks like 192.168.X.Y.

When you connect another computer to your local network, you will be able to connect to your server using http://192.168.X.Y .

To determine all the IP addresses of your computer where Abyss Web Server is running, open the "Network Preferences" in "System Preferences" of macOS. For each interface you can see your computer IP address and use it from other local computers or phones to access your server.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: