Newbie question on Dynamic website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowbutsure
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Newbie question on Dynamic website Reply with quote

I am a rank newbie to servers. My hopeful plan is to use a Mac mini to host a local website. I have been told that if its a dynamic website that its very difficult and time consuming and a can of worms.

How easy / hard is it with this software to run dynamic websites?

Thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie question on Dynamic website Reply with quote

slowbutsure wrote:
I am a rank newbie to servers. My hopeful plan is to use a Mac mini to host a local website. I have been told that if its a dynamic website that its very difficult and time consuming and a can of worms.

How easy / hard is it with this software to run dynamic websites?

Thanks.

A dynamic Web site is usually a site which is based on a Web application or a script written in languages such as PHP or Perl. There is nothing special or complex in running such a script or Web application on Abyss Web Server.

All you have to do is to install the Web server first, and then to deploy the script/Web application. The difficulty may come from some scripts which authors do not offer clear configuration instructions. Most popular scripts/Web applications are today very easy to setup and even offer a Web interface to configure them.

Most scripts require also a database, so you may need to install one. Usually they require MySQL/MariaDB or Sqlite. Both MySQL/MariaDB can be installed for macOS by downloading a package and double clicking on it.

Of course, this is the general idea. But if we can know what type of "dynamic" site you want, we may help with more details.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
slowbutsure
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, appreciated.

It is a web application that will need a database and the database and application will be updated daily using a cron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Web Design All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: