Wordpress and Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
j4jones
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Wordpress and Abyss Reply with quote

Hi

I have been using Abyss for well over a year now, upgraded to X2 after my testing and have never looked back. I host several virtual sites on my server, but am adding a Wordpress install for the first time. The Wordpress install has to sit in a virtual host. I downloaded and installed the pre-configured MySQL (4.1), PHP 5, and PHPMyAdmin. I followed the instructions for PHPMyAdmin and everything is working. I can access the MySQL through PHPMyAdmin so I know all is good there. I then created a new host (and an associated directory for it) and made sure PHP scripts are enabled for it. I then copied wordpress into this new directory. I changed the wordpress config file to reflect the proper MySQL settings. However, when I begin the install of Wordpress I get to the first page (name of blog and email address) I then click INSTALL and I am constantly getting an Error 404 - Not Found message for 'step-2'. I am not certain what I am doing wrong. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
JJ
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wordpress and Abyss Reply with quote

The problem was solved by email. It was caused by a wrong path/URL.
maroe001
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Wordpress installed but no access Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. Wordpress installed but when I try to access it from my network or through the internet it loads with all writing on left side and no theme. If I access from the computer abyss is installed on it loads fine.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the path is set incorrectly. The path for the styling must not be a local address. Make sure it's a correct HTTP URL. Check the HTML source code for the page in question.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Karapaz
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Wordpress and Abyss Reply with quote

If your Wordpress works... then it was installed correctly.

For upgrade you might try
Host name :localhost
Identifiant:root
Password:...........................leave it blank

You are best advised to take this question to a Wordpress board as it is not totally a MAMP issue.
SPAM LINKS REMOVED!!!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: