Problems with user authentication in ASP.NET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sevtech
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Problems with user authentication in ASP.NET Reply with quote

Hi,

I am having problems getting ASP.NET user authentication to work with Abyss Web Server.

I have set up a user using the ASP.NET configuration option in Visual Web Developer 2008, and tested my application within this - all works fine. When I copy the web site to the Abyss folder and access it, the login page appears and allows login with any errors, but it does not actually log on the user.

I know this because I am using LoginName1.Page.User.Identity.Name to determine the currently logged in user (I then display the user name and also use it within dynamic SQL queries). I am also using the LoginStatus asp code to show a Login/Logoff link, and this is always showing "Login".

Is there something else I need to do for ASP.NET Form based user authentication to work in Abyss Web Server?

Cheers.

Steve
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
jesscurley
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be an obvious one, but it might be worth checking your browser is accepting cookies.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: