Joomla 1.5 Rewrite Rules?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigw9292
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Joomla 1.5 Rewrite Rules? Reply with quote

Does someone have the rewrite rules for this? I tried a couple things but keep getting a site without styles. I tried no rewriting and keep getting weird stuff like /index.php/index.php ...

thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,
Here's a screenshot of the url rewrite I have...
(Note - Case Sensitive is unchecked. The rest are checked.)

Also, in your joomla admin page, the seo settings in the global config should all be checked to "yes".
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
craigw9292
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - something is very wrong with my admin console.

I added the rule but had a typo in the initial line (regular expression). When I edit the rule and change it and hit OK I just get a "IE can't display this page." - this is happening A LOT, I have to keep trying and trying and every so often it goes through. I'm local on the server.

thanks
craigw9292
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I finally got this rule added. It didn't work. The site homepage loads but all the styles are missing. I can't login to the admin section.

I can't add any more rules without shooting myself - I just keep getting an error in the X2 admin.

-c
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the latest version of X2? Have you tried reinstalling Abyss?
I know these rules work. I've been using them ever since joomla 1.5 came out.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
c0r2ar0
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all... I'm trying to install Joomla 1.5.11 on our server but I'm getting the same problems of url rewriting like craigw9292.

If I try to log into the admin area the url is something like http://web-server-address/administrator/index.php/administrator/index.php

This obviously doesn't let me enter into the admin area and this is the problem that doesn't let me see themese and all the other things.

Please some could help us?!?

Regards,
Paolo
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Joomla Reply with quote

I have joomla installed and have never had to use url rewrite.

However i did get a white page sometimes but this was due to a php setting one of the below:

register_globals
magic_quotes

Check these with the joomla installation to make sure theyre correct as like i said i have never used any rewrite rules and my joomlas work fine.

PS im not a programmer or anything like a teki.

Just thought id add my bit. all the best.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
paramajaya
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Joomla Instalation with URL rewriting Reply with quote

Dear Everyone,

I am happy finding this forum for Abyss Web server.
I am using windows 2003 for web server and need to do a kind of script writing in order for my joomla installation can work with URL friendly.

I am thinking to buy Abyss web server but looking at this forum discussion, it seems that setting is not as easy as I thought.

Any technical person from Abyss who can solve the problem of Joomla URL rewrite?

Otherwise, it is discouraging for new customer like me to buy Abyss.

If you can describe in easy step how to set up Abyss to make Joomla 1.5 run nicely with clean URL as using Apache, that will be really a big boost for Abyss marketing.

Looking forward to hearing soon.
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Joomla Instalation with URL rewriting Reply with quote

paramajaya wrote:
I am thinking to buy Abyss web server but looking at this forum discussion, it seems that setting is not as easy as I thought.

Any technical person from Abyss who can solve the problem of Joomla URL rewrite?

The URL rewrite rule is outlined in the above screenshot and it can be entrered easily with just a few key strokes and mouse clicks.

The complexity you're referring to comes from Joomla which is an overly complex CMS script with many configuration options.

Quote:

Otherwise, it is discouraging for new customer like me to buy Abyss.

If you can describe in easy step how to set up Abyss to make Joomla 1.5 run nicely with clean URL as using Apache, that will be really a big boost for Abyss marketing.

What part of the URL rewriting process do you find difficult? Honestly we do not find configuring Joomla on Apache so easy. Joomla's Web site is full of pages which explain just how to get the right Apache configuration directive in place and that's never been a one-click deployment. It's the state of the Web technology and scripts like Joomla became so complex over time that they require advanced IT skills to be installed and managed. Blame their authors and not the Web server that is running them. ;)
paramajaya
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer support team.

I am wondering if it is so easy to set URL rewrite, how about problem with Craig and Paolo who start asking first in this topics?

Craig and Paolo, have you solved your problem with Joomla? With Apche it is easier to set. If you have solved your problem, could you please share here with us so to help Abyss gain popularity in Joomla community.

Thanks in advance.

Support team, may be you can outline also here from your point of experience to set up URL friendly with Joomla installation, that will really help to market Abyss.

Thanks in advance.
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paramajaya,

The instructions of Moxxnixx are correct. Other problems occur because some users don't configure correctly Abyss Web Server.

For example, in the following post:
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18697

The user didn't select the correct type (Standard instead of PHP style) while declaring PHP.

There are many possible bad user configurations and we provide technical support for them:
http://www.aprelium.com/support/email/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> URL Rewriting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: