PHP extremly slow: How to tune up Abyss?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M*I*B
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: PHP extremly slow: How to tune up Abyss? Reply with quote

Hello there (again),

since I started using Abyss, I always had the feeling that PHP applications take a long time. It is quite conspicuous if a PHP page has not been accessed for a long time. Then several seconds pass before something happens.

Today I wanted to install a test installation of the WoltLab blog. That did not work at all and ran on an internal Server Error 500. Only after I set the timeout of PHP in Abyss to 120 seconds, the installation could be run through at all. And it was extremely striking how slow the whole thing is.
As a test, I activated Apache again on another port and tried the installation again. That went much faster and was easily possible even with a timeout of 30 seconds.

So something really stuck here.

What I have to do to fasten up that whole "kruschelmuschel" ? Some hints?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP extremly slow: How to tune up Abyss? Reply with quote

M*I*B,

PHP is PHP whether it's behind Abyss or Apache. The timeout is important and there are tons of other parameters in php.ini that can slow down your PHP setup.

So it's not an Abyss vs. Apache thing, but rather an issue with php.ini and buffer+timeouts parameters.

Of course, we can't do any guess work with a mere description of the situation. We need your configuration and your php.ini for review so that we can suggest the best way to improve the speed of your script processing.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
M*I*B
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP extremly slow: How to tune up Abyss? Reply with quote

admin wrote:
...PHP is PHP whether it's behind Abyss or Apache.

That can't be right due Apache (2v2 x64) and Abyss use the same PHP- installation and the same php.ini. So the base and envioremnent are absolut identical.

If it is as you say, then the runtimes should not differ when calling the same PHP file. However, in all the attempts that I have made so far (not too many due to lack of time), it has been shown that Apache handled the process faster by a factor of 1.5-2 than Abyss.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP extremly slow: How to tune up Abyss? Reply with quote

M*I*B,

PHP7 interpreter declaration in Abyss Web Server matters a lot. The timeout and buffering options are also important and can make a lot of difference especially if the script uses no buffering at the PHP level.

So it's recommended to send us your abyss.conf file for review. Our email is support@aprelium.com .
Forum Administrator
M*I*B
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... on the way ...

Edit say:

Call sv-meissendorf.de
1st call takes much time, then it works well. If 1st call I got an entry in FastCgi.log:

Code:
07/Apr/2020:21:27:10 +0200   SUID: 0   PUID: 0   RUID: 0   URI:    Reading 56 bytes failed = Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
07/Apr/2020:21:27:10 +0200   SUID: 0   PUID: 0   RUID: 0   URI:    timeout-header2!

(line 1: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)

php.log is clear without an error. No events in the Windows-Event-viewer. Can't say why and what is locked ..
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M*I*B,

We've accessed your Web site and did notice and long delay before it starts. Our guess is that it was accessed by us after it was "warmed up" as you've described the behavior on the forum.

The "warmup" is actually equivalent to making a first request that will trigger loading PHP and making it ready for processing the next requests quickly (without the loading time and wait.)

This can be easily achieved by opening the declaration of the PHP interpreter of your host and selecting "Edit" next to "Advanced Parameters", the setting "Minimum Processes" to 1 or 2. This will ensure that 1 or 2 PHP processes are always preloaded and ready for processing for that host: https://aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/hosts-configuration.html#HOSTS-SCRIPTING-INTERPRETERS-INTERFACE-2PANE-ADVANCED-CONSERVATIVETHRESHOLD .

Please let us know how this worked for you. If the problem is still there, please resend us your updated abyss.conf file for review.
Forum Administrator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: