Can Red5 into Aprelium

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john011
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Can Red5 into Aprelium Reply with quote

He there all thanks for using this great program and what I have seen here all the answers from the moderators are very correct and direct to the point. Great work Aprelium and forum moderators keep up the good work.

Okay I have many questions HOW-TO and What, but before I post my question here I have to write something about me, sorry for that. But I hope to explain something why I ask this question. I was a programmer before at big software company, later on I did have my own company. Well now for about 5 years ago in 1 second really sick; I lost my memory for 2 half years and almost all of my functions of my body till now. Because my memory is coming back again bit by bit I try to learn again and to understand what people write ore explain to me, so please be patient with me okay and simple, and if I don’t understand it well, I let that know.

I like to start a streaming media server that is my coal.

THE QUASTION

What do I need?

1. I like to use red5, but do I need PhpMyAdmin and apache for this?[/list]

2. When I know what I have to use, how can I install this program software into Aprelium? Please explain.

Thank you very much for your reaction back, regards from John, the Netherlands. [/list]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John01!

Quote:
1. I like to use red5, but do I need PhpMyAdmin and apache for this?

Since Red5 is a server by itself, that won't be necessary. You still need to configure your Router/Firewall so that people can access the Red5 server.

Quote:
2. When I know what I have to use, how can I install this program software into Aprelium? Please explain.

Once you install the Red5 streaming media server, all you have to do is insert a flash object in your site's HTML code that points to the Red5 streaming media server video URL. Simple! ;-)

Sincerely, Joshua H. (TRUSTAbyss)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
john011
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Joshua H. (TRUSTAbyss)

Thank you very much Joshua H. for your answer, now I need to place it in my mind here to understand it for my self.

Quote:
Since Red5 is a server by itself, that won't be necessary.

And I always think that red5 must be running with apache ore PhpMyAdmin. But what I do know now is that PhpMyAdmin is a database there did I go wrong in my mind again.

well I can use always the Abyss for my file server and other things.

Quote:

You still need to configure your Router/Firewall

Well I think this gone be a problem, becaurse my Adsl modem is a modem/router. And when I use a software router (what is not the right way) my internet connection is no longer valid. So mabey I need a router bihind the modem for this.

Quote:
Once you install the Red5 streaming media server Simple! ;-)

Wow I did read this manual 16 times but there are so many files to be configuration that I lost my concentration what to do and where. I try to seek help for this one, but it is very hard to find here in the Netherlands.

Regards and thanks again for your simpel small explaning, John011.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: