virtual path

View previous topic :: View next topic  
henkjelt
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: virtual path Reply with quote

Hi

i have a problem with virtual paths in my server.
i have installed abyss on the e-drive of my server, with the standard dir settings like program files/etc etc.
if i now try to include a file from the root of the webserver with <!--#include virtual="/db_a.asp"-->, it looks on the c-drive and not on the e-drive.
the effect is of course that the page cannot be loaded.

i have tried to define an alias "/" pointing to the webserver but that does not help.
can you help me out?

regards,

Henk Jelt
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: virtual path Reply with quote

henkjelt,

Is your "Documents Path" correctly set? (Console > Hosts - Configure > General). This is the paramter that corresponds to your web server root (it supercedes any defined alias for /).

Try also checking ActiveHTML configuration (Windows - Start > Programs > SeliSoft > ActiveHTML > ActiveHTML Configuration) and check the defined mappings (aliases) there.
henkjelt
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi aprelium

i don't have a "hosts" entry in the console configuration.
what do i need to do to get it?

regards
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprelium means to click on the Configure button for the Host you wish to configure.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
henkjelt
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TrustAbyss

thanks.
i did not understand this.
i took a look and i do not think it will solve my problem.
this parameter refers indeed to the directory of the webserver.
since abyss is installed on the e-drive the reference is to a folder on the e-drive.
however, for some reason the reference to the virtual include file looks on the c-drive, which is not illogical since 99.9% of the people install it on the c-drive. but not me.

nevertheless i uninstalled abyss on the e-drive and installed it on the c-drive so the problem is solved anyway.

thanks for your help!
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

henkjelt wrote:
nevertheless i uninstalled abyss on the e-drive and installed it on the c-drive so the problem is solved anyway.

Abyss could be installed on E and use files on C and on any other drive (or vice versa). There is no limitation on where you place your files: everything is configurable.
henkjelt
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi aprelium

i understand your answer.
the problem is that i do not know how to enforce this.

i have transferred existing websites to abyss, and all of the pages refer to include files which are fysically located in the root folder of the webserver.
this was a folder on the e drive.

however when i tried to view those pages i got an error message saying the server could not find the include files.
and then it specified a folder on the c-drive.

i expected that the webserver would always look in its own root folder if it would stumble onto a virtual include file.
apparently that is not the case and i need to adapt it somewhere in the configuration.

i shortcircuited this for myself to uninstall abyss on the e-drive and install it again on the c-drive. this solved the problem.

thanks
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henkjelt,

We better understand the problem now: actually this suggests that your ASP pages are referring to the paths in C directly (paths of the include files are hardcoded). The other possibility is that ActiveHTML (which is processing your ASP pages) is not configured with the right web site location (this parameter is available in its configuration tool).
MireilleDarc
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: virtual path Reply with quote

Hi,

Ive just installed VB on a fresh install of Ubuntu. Im very new to VB and have a quick question. The .vdi is the file for the virtual drive, but isnt it actually for the virtual partition and not the drive, since a physical drive can have multiple partitions?

Rich
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: virtual path Reply with quote

MireilleDarc wrote:
The .vdi is the file for the virtual drive, but isnt it actually for the virtual partition and not the drive, since a physical drive can have multiple partitions?

We're afraid your question is related to VMWare and .vdi file setup rather than Abyss Web Server. Our software will use the files and the directories as they are setup in your system. It won't do any extra interpretation of the partition, its origin, or how drives are mapped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: