503 Errors after upgrading from x86 to x64

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glenh
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: 503 Errors after upgrading from x86 to x64 Reply with quote

Abyss is working as I can bring up a normal index.html file no problems however I keep getting 503 Error Service Unavailable when trying to access my previously OK aspx pages.

I think I've checked what's obvious (at least to me) but has anyone else had this problem and resolved it.

The logs are worse than useless - they refered me to issues which I can ignore according to support (fastcgi related issues). For what the log is worth:

03/Jun/2009:16:22:43 +1000 SUID: 1 PUID: 1 RUID: 0 URI: Reading 8 bytes failed = The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
03/Jun/2009:16:22:43 +1000 SUID: 1 PUID: 1 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header1!
03/Jun/2009:16:22:43 +1000 SUID: 1 PUID: 1 RUID: 0 URI: connect() = The system cannot find the file specified.
03/Jun/2009:16:25:49 +1000 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 0 URI: Reading 8 bytes failed = The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
03/Jun/2009:16:25:49 +1000 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header1!
03/Jun/2009:16:25:49 +1000 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 0 URI: connect() = The system cannot find the file specified.

Any suggestions to fix this will be greatly appreciated.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: 503 Errors after upgrading from x86 to x64 Reply with quote

glenh,

Please contact the support team to get a test release of Abyss Web Server which natively supports Windows x64.
http://www.aprelium.com/support/email/
glenh
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: 503 Errors after upgrading from x86 to x64 Reply with quote

I have sent the email off but I stress, I'm not after anything special with x64 - I just want to get my 'old' x86 configuration working again - but on my current platform.

I've only just installed Vista x64 - do I need to 'start' ASP.Net as a service?

It's late at night here nd frankly I can't think straight at the moment :-)

Thanks for your help...
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: 503 Errors after upgrading from x86 to x64 Reply with quote

glenh wrote:
I have sent the email off but I stress, I'm not after anything special with x64 - I just want to get my 'old' x86 configuration working again - but on my current platform.

I've only just installed Vista x64 - do I need to 'start' ASP.Net as a service?

It's late at night here nd frankly I can't think straight at the moment :-)

Thanks for your help...

There is no ASP.NET service to start (regardless of the Windows version you have.)

ASP.NET is a Windows component. If you have the 64 bit version, you have a 64 bit .NET framework which is not fully compatible with 32 bit applications.

So you have two solutions: either install a 32 bit .NET framework (but that's not always guaranteed to work.) or use our native x64 test release which takes care of all these issues.
glenh
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 503 Errors after upgrading from x86 to x64 Reply with quote

aprelium-support wrote:

So you have two solutions: either install a 32 bit .NET framework (but that's not always guaranteed to work.) or use our native x64 test release which takes care of all these issues.

Thank you for clarifying this. I know we hare now corresponding by email but for the record ....

AFAIK, you can't run both .Net x86 and .Net 64 on an x64 machine let alone a x86 machine [which is rediculous even to consider :-)] so I therefor assume that, at present, Abyss doesn't support ASP.Net on the x64 platform.

I have received your pre-release version of Abyss that will and thank you for your prompt and generous support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: