SSL Certificate Renewal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
northernsoul
-

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: SSL Certificate Renewal Reply with quote

Can anyone advise please?

I have just renewd my SSL certificate for anouther 2 years and have the

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
Cert key
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

in the certificate.

I have pasted the contents into abyss web server SSL/TLS Certificates Certificates section. I have used the name Cert 2 and it is listed under the previous certifcate. When I check the certificate under the edit key it gives a correct not valid before (the previous certificate has not yet expire) and correct expiry date.

Two questions I have are.
Will the new certificate automatically be used when the old one expires on the 4 May 2009.

Above the Certificates section is the Private Keys. Should something be entered in there?

I used Abyss Web Server to generate the key. Previously I used open SSL as this was prior to Abyss haveing support for SSL. I used stunnel as a SSL Tunnel.

Using OpenSSL I generated a RSA private key that I imported into Abyss under the Private Keys section.

I am thinking that a new Private Key is required that needs to match the new certificate. Is this correct? If so where should it come from.

I hope this is all the required information and that I have explained every thing clearly.

Thanks.
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi friend,

If you can buy the new certificate from http://www.tucktail.com/ or you can renew it.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
peggyp
-

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you renew your SSL certificate, you will have to generate new private key, CSR and the process will remain same as you buy new SSL. It will not automatically start working after renewal.

Still if you need any help, just ping our customer support. They are expert is solving such issues in SSL renewal process.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> SSL/Certificates All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: