Website Subdirectory Access

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajgiampa
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Website Subdirectory Access Reply with quote

I have a website that requires users to log in using a php access control script. It works great an users can't access any pages that contain the access control code.

One of the pages is a photo gallery, and I've noticed that if someone just types the direct URL of the photo, they can see the photo, even if not logged into my site. When I enable access control on the directory the photos are in through Abyss webserver, any links to the pictures in the directory require webserver username and password.

Is there a way to prevent access to my website's subdirectories to users who type the URL directly while still allowing the links on my access controlled pages to work?

Thanks...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
timleonard
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through that, basically you have two choices, Rewrite rule or anti-leeching...See the following Thread. It may help
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might look at phpAlbum http://www.phpalbum.net/ . It has the option of making private galleries that require a password. With that, you'd want to turn on Abyss' access control for that directory.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: