blogengine.net

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancingbear
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: blogengine.net Reply with quote

Has anyone got any experience with running blogengine.net under Abyss? I have found a webcast about installing under IIS but I can't get it to work with Abyss.

Any help would be appreciated. Failing that I am looking for a simple ASP.NET blogging package to include within my ASP.NET website.

Thanks

Simon
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dancingbear
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Installation won't run under Abyss Reply with quote

I am trying to get this blog engine running under Abyss but each time I try to run it I get the following:

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 7: </configSections>
Line 8: <BlogEngine>
Line 9: <blogProvider defaultProvider="DbBlogProvider">
Line 10: <providers>
Line 11: <add name="XmlBlogProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider, BlogEngine.Core"/>

Source File: ???????????????\blog\web.config Line: 9

(???? replace true path).

The writers of this application show you how to install under IIS, and it seems to require you to declare the folder as an application. Is there an equivalent with Abyss?

Any help greatfully accepted.

Simon
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Harry777
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having exact the same problem, anybody can help please.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: