No one can see my site!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: No one can see my site!!! Reply with quote

I can see it... but no one else can... I have a router. is that a problem? how do i disable the firewall or what ever i need to do so people can view my site...

can you see it?

http://akrocks.no-ip.com/phpbb2/
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: No one can see my site!!! Reply with quote

akrocks wrote:
I can see it... but no one else can... I have a router. is that a problem? how do i disable the firewall or what ever i need to do so people can view my site...

can you see it?

http://akrocks.no-ip.com/phpbb2/

Please read the second question in our FAQ at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html .
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are using Windows XP, check that the integrated firewall is allowing incoming traffic on the web port;

Check.

Quote:
If you have a firewall or an anti-hacking software, configure them to allow incoming connections on the web port;

Check.

Quote:
If you have a router, configure it in order to allow incoming traffic on the web port. Refer to the documentation that comes with your hardware to know how to do so. Please do not ask our technical support about how to do that with your router as this is hardware-dependant and we cannot give you support for what we have not designed (ask the router vendor instead or read the manuals.)

Ok, umm, I think that is the problem... I have a linksys router, is the DMZ host the setting i need to set? I set it to the correct setting (I hope) I looked through all the other settings and options but I'm not sure.. Anyone have a linksys router that knows what to do?

Quote:
Some ISPs are known to block incoming traffic on some ports such as port 80 (default web port). Please ask your ISP about that restriction. If it is the case, configure your web server to use another web port (for example 8000 or 8080.)

I dont think that the block it... but if worse comes to worse I'll try changing the ports...
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ISP you are using? Typical ISP do not block anything. Unless you have a MEAN one. Then I suggest find a better ISP. GOOD ISP do not block anything.
Ok, you said you use Linksys. So do I. You do not have to use DMZ for your webserver but you can try the Port Forwarding to your LAN IP. Set your Linksys to the port of your Webserver (I assume 80) and to your LAN IP. It should be like 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.3 etc.... User IPCONFIG /all and see what IP it using. Or better yet, set your Windows to an IP (Static) and set your Linksys to that static IP instead of the NAT. :D :wink:

BTW, if you still prefer to have your Webserver PC on a DMZ, then I stronger suggest to add another thing..... Firewall and update Anti-Virus protection. :D Set your Firewall to listen inbound and outbound of that port (I assume port 80) and of course the abyss that it communicating with as a service.
HTH
CapFusion,...
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CapFusion wrote:
What ISP you are using? Typical ISP do not block anything. Unless you have a MEAN one. Then I suggest find a better ISP. GOOD ISP do not block anything.

I'm on cox. they dont seem too MEAN :twisted:

CapFusion wrote:
Ok, you said you use Linksys. So do I. You do not have to use DMZ for your webserver but you can try the Port Forwarding to your LAN IP. Set your Linksys to the port of your Webserver (I assume 80) and to your LAN IP. It should be like 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.3 etc.... User IPCONFIG /all and see what IP it using. Or better yet, set your Windows to an IP (Static) and set your Linksys to that static IP instead of the NAT. :D :wink:

WOWSER! There is alot of settings... Erm, how do I set it up correctly? I dont want to mess anything up and then not be able to do anything :?

CapFusion wrote:
BTW, if you still prefer to have your Webserver PC on a DMZ, then I stronger suggest to add another thing..... Firewall and update Anti-Virus protection. :D Set your Firewall to listen inbound and outbound of that port (I assume port 80) and of course the abyss that it communicating with as a service.
HTH
CapFusion,...

I dont think i prefer it... I dont even really know what it does or means or anything... I just read the discription and it looked good so i tried it. :D :lol:
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. check what LAN IP is your webserver PC using.
2. Find Port Forwarding in Advance to set your LAN IP.
3. Setup your Abyss and find what Port is it using. (Assumed 80)
4. Set to PORT 80 where your LAN IP reside from PORT Forwarding (assumed port 80).

If you do not know what IP Webserver PC is on, you can goto a command prompt and enter >> IPCONFIG /all << This will show up your IP stat.
Also, if you using Windows XP, you may want to check if it Firewall is enable. You will need to disable it so it can listen for inbound.

That should be it. It is very SIMPLE.

For further what information regarding Port Forwarding, DMZ and even Trigger, please check Linksys PDF. It will explan what it mean.

I think that should do it. After you have better understanding of your networking and or router, then you can really start to do alot of stuff.

CapFusion,...
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a small bit confused... :oops:

Here are the settings in the Forwarding thing...
Which do i need to change?

Customized Applications
Do I need to put any thing there?

Ext.Port Protocol
0 to 0 is was it says... do i need to change it?

TCP Protocol
Checked or not?

UDP
Checked Or Not?

IP Address
I suppose I put the last number of the lan ip address...

Enable
I reckon I click the check box here too...
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... Guess you got no clue what I am talking about. First goto Linksys website and download the PDF documentation for your router. Find out how to set Port Forwarding and other stuff while you are there. This should give you the basic of ROUTING. Also they have pretty good technical support which can explan a basic principle but they normally will tell you to get the document.

Anyway, the following steps should be the same as my previous post. I have not other way except these steps. Unless someone have another inside or other way of doing this.

1. Find out what LAN IP of your PC. Which Abyss is install.
2. From Abyss - Advance - Check what PORT it is setting to. It normally default to PORT 80.
3. Goto your Router - Advance - Port Forwarding and set to 80 for Trigger.
4. Enter the last digit of your LAN IP where your Abyss reside. ie... 192.168.1.5 which mean... you enter 5. What ever your last digit ... 192.168.1.xxx where the "xxx" is your LAN IP PC is on.
5. TCP and UDP should be check or YES or Enable.

To get your PC LAN IP from your PC, enter ipconfig /all .... it should show your IP that indicate something like this.... 192.168.1.xxx .... where xxx is a number.

BTW, if you have a STATIC IP account, then the above should help But if you have a DYNAMIC IP account from your ISP, then I guess the reason why outside can not see find you. Reason are, your IP kept on moving or changing. This is another topic. You can search around in the forum or make another thread for this help if you IP is Dynamic and how to resolve it. I have seen a few thread regarding this issue and with the answer to it.

GL, HTH :roll: :wink: 8O
CapFusion,...
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i got it working now...
Can you see it now???

:arrow: My Forums

--I just had someone else check it for me and it still wont load :(

--ok http://community.webshots.com/album/73952060FTSAEM here are some screen shots i took of my settings for the router... are they correct?
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah humm...... According to your "Community webpage" regarding the Linksys pic... it seem to be correct if your Abyss is from a PC that is sitting in 192.168.1.100 >> 100 << and I see your port is set to 80. You also did extra by doing the Trigger. The trigger (w/Port 80 inbound) will direct all 80 to all your LAN PC that listen to port 80 if any service is enable to listen that port. :( .
Next I notice you using No-Ip.com which tell me that you are using or on a Dynamic IP from your ISP. This part I do not know too much since I do not use No-IP.com to update my IP state. I hope someone here reading this thread can help you in this area. But generally speaking, the client software from No-IP.com should be on your PC with Abyss too be update continiously (I assumed).

BTW, can you try detecting what IP (outside) state your Abyss on? Try using - http://www.aprelium.com/ip/ and if you can at the very moment, try asking your friend to goto that IP and see if it will display your webpage. If I assumed correctly, your webpage will showup from that IP but will not show up again later if it change to something else. This mean, either the client NO-IP.com is not updating your IP state or it pointing to somewhere else. :D
GL, HTH 8O
CapFusion,...
Gatewayy
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use several free dns services including no-i[ and they work fine with mylinksys router, do you not have to have the application triggers set, just directing port 80 to your internal lan ip is correct. if you need further help just mail me and i would be happy to help you out :)

gatewayy@hotmail.com

My Abyss site!

http://crashhappy.gatewayy.net
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have an Instant Messenger? I have aim Yahoo and msn
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you have an Instant Messenger? I have aim Yahoo and msn

Sorry I can not help you. I do not use No-IP.com or similar. Hope Gatewayy (with two "yy") continue where I left off. :oops:

Hope it just some simple setting in the client software of your No-IP.com or stuff.......

If you got it to work, please post the result so I know for future reference for other. :wink: :D
-

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think it is no-ip because people cant even connect by just typing in my ip... its gotta be some thing in the rounter... just gotta find out what the problem is... :roll:
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using a linksys router and i got my site to work http://www.offspringvideos.com

Send me all the screen shots to your linksys set up page and i will fix it for you :D
-

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL??? here are some http://community.webshots.com/album/73952060FTSAEM

If you need more, tell me...
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr. How hard can this be to figure out... Someone should make a tutorial on how to do this :(
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Grrr. How hard can this be to figure out... Someone should make a tutorial on how to do this

I believed it something to do with No-Ip.com that is not updating your dynamic IP. The reason I said that because I can not even ping you. 8) Or can not find your WebServer.

Sorry you have so much problem getting it to work. :(
Please wait for Gatewayy since he is also using No-IP.com. :) Or anyone that use the similar setup like yourself. :)
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... I'm getting pretty annoyed with this :(
I still think its a router setting... Because I can type my ip or my no-ip addresses and it works, although it probably would... but anyways... :roll:
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seened mentioned earlier a reference to changing your port to something other than 80. Have you tried changing your port to the point where the only way to access it would be like http://ip:port/index.htm?

ISPs *do* block traffic on port 80 and if you're blocked the only way to turn it off is to go to your ISPs office and hit the switch... OR simply change the port...

Also, XP has an internal firewall which initially blocks traffic on port 80. You will have to disable that in order to serve wegapges on port 80 *provided* your ISP is not blocking traffic for you...

It is up to you to get the router port mappings correct so try changing it and let us all know the new web address both name address and ip address.

Good luck :)
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now my router is so screwed up it wont even connect me to the internet. It worked untill i shut it off and back on because we had other problems with the other computer. So now im directly connected to the internet through the modem. I need to find out how to fix that now... what a mess. :roll: I tried pressing the reset button on the front, and that didnt help.. anyone have any ideas? :? :cry: :cry: :cry:
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
now my router is so screwed up it wont even connect me to the internet. It worked untill i shut it off and back on because we had other problems with the other computer. So now im directly connected to the internet through the modem. I need to find out how to fix that now... what a mess. I tried pressing the reset button on the front, and that didnt help.. anyone have any ideas?

All MAN 8O What a mess. 8) When you press reset on a router, it normally get reset to the default or factory setting .. atleast for Linksys but not sure for other brand.
For XP, right click on the network icon where you see your clock and select status > Advance > uncheck Internet Connect Firewall. If you do not see the Network ICON from there, then goto Start > right click My Network > Local LAN > Status ..... There are many way of getting to your network.
BTW, did I mention I hate XP? Too many variable theme.... Don't know which theme the user using unless they did not change the default. Prefer Win2k, alot simple without those fancy stuff.

Well, if your ISP block your PORT 80, you can use other PORT. BTW, if they block 80, they might also block alternative popular port 8080.

If my ISP block any of my port, I won't be doing business with them. That suck BIG! :(
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://akrocks.no-ip.com well this will eliminate to see if it is the router... can you see it now? its going straight to the modem..
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://akrocks.no-ip.com well this will eliminate to see if it is the router... can you see it now? its going straight to the modem..

Sorry MAN 8) :!: I can not get your page ... Page Not Found 8O
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i changed the port to 8080
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! I got my router working again... now back to figureing out how to get my site running..
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK! I got my router working again... now back to figureing out how to get my site running..

Akrocks, have gatewayy give you some kind of information regarding NO-IP.com? From all your message, it sound like inbound problem. The reason I believe as follow:
1. NO-IP.com with your client to update is not really updating
2. Your ISP maybe blocking your PORT
3. You may have a firewall that may block inbound traffic from outside of your LAN.

You option here are and can be extreme:
1. Bring your PC where Abyss Server is on to your friend or whoever that have a static IP and it ISP do not bloack anything like a normal ISP.
2. Try another ISP with Static IP

Other option:
1. Try another DNS similar to No-IP
2. Try another PORT beside 80 or 8080 or 808080 etc...

Other misc.... thing you can try is to ask your friend to ping your current IP and see if get response back. But it will not tell you if you'r going to get page if someone try to connect. But BUT it will give you a general idea atleast at the other end is responsing and not a dead wall. It may also tell you or indicate by assuming your port is block but other port is not. Then you can try a different port or so.
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i disabled the xp firewall, so that should be out of the way. It may be my isp or no-ip but i really think its my router, which now I have to reconfigure. I dont think i had it setup correctly. can someone take screen shots of their's? also, if i dont use ports 80, 8080, 808080, then what ports can I use?
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use any port which is not already in use. Anything above 8000 should be good. Also, please go here and check to see if port 80 is indeed open to the public. Just say test my shield to get it going https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

If 80 is stealth but your firewalls are off theirs a 99.9% chance your ISP is blocking port 80.

akrocks
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet

:roll: guess its not open.. but i know that... I havent reconfigured my router. I'm to scared I might mess it up.. I need real instructions on how to properly set it up for this exact topic...
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So port 80 is stealth? If you disabled your firewalls but it comes back stealth chances are your ISP is blocking it for you. I am not sure about how to configure a router *but* I would assume you get your global address and then map a port like 8000 to the port number Abyss is running on.

I would assume you get your router to listen to port 8000... give your friends your IP:port address "http://65.122.23.13:8000" and see what happens.

akrocks
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, maybe now? try here
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out your problem , your router IP for your computer should be with

2-99 not 100 , i contacted linksys and you can only have your router computer IP 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.99 you cannot have your IP ending with one hundred I did that exact thing you did and no one could access my web site I recommend making this 192.168.1.88 and not 192.168.1.100

that should solve your problem if you have further questions contact linksys support @ support@linksys.com and tell them that you need help configuring your router for a web server and they will e-mail you within 1 to 2 days they helped me and i know they will help you 8)

Last edited by os17fan on Sun May 25, 2003 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ahrocks i seen a message that said , tell me if you can see this , your web server is working now dude :D
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOO!!!! THATS THE MESSAGE!!!! wOOt!!!! YEA!!!!!! party at your house!!!! yeeehaaaa!!!! CHA CHA CHA!!! ok... im better now! finnaly! im happy now!!! but ehh. when i type in ipconfig it say the last number is 100. and thats what i put for forwarding.. strange...
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, can you see it when you go to http://akrocks.no-ip.com:8080
~~~~~ prolly not... i cant.. prolly have to go back and reconfigure that or something....

~~~~updated... but I have to wait up to 5 min for them to take effect... :wink:

~~~~ ahhh phoey! how to i add the port to that??? it wont let me... :(

~~~~ ok, there... but that looks ugly with the port on the end... :(
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both your IP and name address work. A port might be ugly but if it works it works. Good luck :)
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually I plan on buying a domain, would i still need the port on the end or would they allow me to "hide" it?
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a domain at www.123cheapdomains.com and they charge $13.95 a year or I think its $14.95 any way their service has never failed me , my domain is , http://www.offspringvideos.com

(of cource its hosted by abyss web server)

I think in order for you to have a web address like mine with out a port on the end you need to have your port as the default port which is port 80 but that domain service does allow redirection also so you can just link to

http://www.yourdomain.com redirects to http://yourip:8080

I HOPE YOU SIGN UP FOR THERE DOMAIN SERVICE THERE REALLY GOOD ! 8)
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee! I'm on my laptop and I can see my site! woohoo! Finally got the problems we had with the slow dialup but thats another story. Thanks again for your help fellas couldnt have done it with out you!

abyss rocks! 8) 8) 8)
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yippee! I'm on my laptop and I can see my site! woohoo! Finally got the problems we had with the slow dialup but thats another story. Thanks again for your help fellas couldnt have done it with out you!

abyss rocks!

Cooool! :D You got it to work!!!! :roll: I was wondering how long this thread have to go until you get it to work :D
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well I wasnt going to give up! Abyss is awesome and I wanted to use it!
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, well I wasnt going to give up! Abyss is awesome and I wanted to use it!

Good for you. I almost give up on you, dude! :roll: [J/K] Heehee. Hope you can REALLY enjoy it! :D

8O Attention WWW, akrocks website is up! 8O
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you can move on to the advanced stuff like , PERL , PHP , ASP :D
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've had perl and php and mysql and phpbb all installed on day one. just couldnt get anyone to be able to see it..

So, now it's back to web building. Hopfully in the very near future I'll actually learn php or perl and make some cool web proggies with them. My site will defently (and is) using SSI though, that way I can change the stuff that appears on all pages. :!:
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, I've had perl and php and mysql and phpbb all installed on day one. just couldnt get anyone to be able to see it..

So, now it's back to web building. Hopfully in the very near future I'll actually learn php or perl and make some cool web proggies with them. My site will defently (and is) using SSI though, that way I can change the stuff that appears on all pages.

After you have learn all those neat "proggies", please let me in on it too. I would like to know some of those "proggies" 8O myself too. Heeheehe.... :D
-

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:evil: :evil: Wont happen.. my idiotic isp is a stinking bum and wont let me host a server inless i pay for the business isp so all that was a waste of time except for the knowledge.. so its been nice knowing yall... :roll: really sucks... oh well... at least I got it to work.. i might pop in once in awhile just to say hi... bye... :evil: :evil:
-

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akrocks wrote:
:evil: :evil: Wont happen.. my idiotic isp is a stinking bum and wont let me host a server inless i pay for the business isp so all that was a waste of time except for the knowledge.. so its been nice knowing yall... :roll: really sucks... oh well... at least I got it to work.. i might pop in once in awhile just to say hi... bye... :evil: :evil:

How did they know you have a WebServer or Hosting one? Did you call them up and told them? :(

Dump them if they are really that STINKY! :wink:

BTW, how much you are paying and how much are the business class version? And what their name?
-

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read their faq and saw it. those bums.. i dont think there is any other services in my area... im on cox...
-

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Comcast for my cable modem ISP 8) , if you get Comcast go with them their better :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: