21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
kinda did what i needed
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

gook
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: GoDaddy Set-up Reply with quote

This is going to explain how to set your domain up with godaddy or any other domain host that dont have a ip pointing feature.

1. buy a domain from any domain service like go daddy. go to zoneedit.com and sign up for a free account when u are done with that log in to your account and make a new zone type in yourdomain.com and then at the top of your screen it should say like tell your register to change your name server to ns*.zonedit.com and ns*.zoneedit.com. to do that log into your account that you have at godaddy or a diffrent register and then find something that says nameserver click that enter the name server that were given to you at zoneedit.com click ok.go back to zone edit and then click on the link that says IP addresses (A) in the members area. in the name form enter www then it the Numeric IP form enter your ip. wait till your domain prognates then your web site should work to tell if its pronated turn on abyss then go to you domain if it works it mean your domain is prognated. the pronation period usally take 24-48 hours if you register with godaddy it usally take about 19 hours. also most register olny give you a few sub-domains, but inside your zone edit account you can click web forward and you can have as many as you want. same thing with email click email forward and you can have as many email adresses that forward to another account such as hotmail as you want. i hope this tutorial help if so please vote in the poll it works with godaddy for sure my website is running with godaddy www.chitmusic.com if it dont work it means my server is off
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
demonhunter
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Site
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Andok
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

question, when I entered my ns*.zoneedit.com and ns*.zonedit.com nameservers on godaddy, it states that those ns* (where* is a number given to me by zoneedit) has an invalid TLD.

I called godaddy and they said that the nameservers I provided are not registered........

so what now, how do I get my server running abyss with my domain name to function properly?
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You either mistyped something, or ZoneEdit just made them and they haven't propagated through the internet yet.

Email ZoneEdit about it.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wait a couple days to further test it, registrationof domain may still be too new
Angel
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, thanks for the info. :)
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great tutorial.

mine works flawlessly!
Virtual Fixation
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: New tut Reply with quote

I just made a tutorial on how to setup a database on godaddy,
I thought the info above was a little outdated.
*Link deleted*
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: New tut Reply with quote

Virtual Fixation wrote:
I just made a tutorial on how to setup a database on godaddy,
I thought the info above was a little outdated.
*Link deleted*

The tutorial above explains how to setup a domain with Godaddy and have it point to your Abyss Web Server.
It has nothing to do with setting up a database. In fact, your tutorial mentions nothing about Abyss at all.

We appreciate your help, but please stay on-topic. I am deleting the link in your post because self-promo links
are not allowed in this forum when they have nothing to do with Abyss Web Server.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: