Os commerce database question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Os commerce database question Reply with quote

Hi i purchased a oscommerce template but the company i purchased from are less than slow. I have installed os commerce with the template successfully but the options in product_attruibutes drop down menu doesnt show. Firstly i did a reinstall and got the same problem. Heres my issue:

If i download oscommerce from (oscommerce site) their site then install the template i purchased i figure i may have a working functional site.

The problem is i have installed produc categories with thousands of products and would like to know firstly. "ARE THE IMAGES AND CATEGORIES I CREATED AND ADDED IN OSCOMERCE ITSELF or ARE THEY STORED IN THE DATABSE.

If in the database i should have no problem installing oscommerce with a databse named MYDATABASE, then when installed along with the template i should be able to change the databse for my previous installed one and have all my categories and images ready installed. I can then get on with the product attributes options as the template company are severely stopping me getting some work done.

Seems theres a lot of auto pilot systems out there making money from dummies like me.? Sorry about that.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

The version is CRE Loaded 6.2

Im told theres a problem with the Product_attributes.php with that version and quite conveniently the template company has a unpgrade ready for purchase.?????

Thanks again for any assistance. Oh and although i mention oscommerce a lot here this is really a database question. ie, can i reinstall and revert back to my previous database and all my categories and product images already input be readily available for attributes and options input.

Thanks again
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
serverrman399
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it saves the images in catalog>images
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: