Script Paths for files with the CGI extension

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cenocre
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Script Paths for files with the CGI extension Reply with quote

I have different types of files with the .cgi extension that use different interpreters. A while ago I Aprelium suggested to set them up as follows:

Quote:
Add the virtual paths of both scripts in the Script Paths table ( /cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi and /cgi-bin/panorama.cgi ).

The problem with that method is that you have to declare everything that has the .cgi suffix.

I have now found a very easy alternative. Just put "/*.cgi" in the Script Paths without the others using cgi. Now every CGI works fine with just the single setting!

KEY POINTS: Make sure the permissions are something like 775 or 755 for the files or you will probably end up with the browser downloading the file rather than running it.

And, you cannot have CGI as an extension for anything in the Interpreter table such as Perl. Perl scripts will still run fine.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: