restarting server using a webpage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swissboney3
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: restarting server using a webpage Reply with quote

hi. i have made an admin interface on my website that allows you to modify some of the server settings. the reason for this is because i dont want other admins accessing the console directly so they can modify settings i dont want them to modify.
however, some of the settings ill allow them to change requires a server restart if you modify them in the console, so i want to know the following:
1) if you modify the settings through a webpage, do you need to restart the server?
2) if it needs restarting, is there a way of restarting it through a webpage rather than using the console?
cheers :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: restarting server using a webpage Reply with quote

swissboney3 wrote:
hi. i have made an admin interface on my website that allows you to modify some of the server settings. the reason for this is because i dont want other admins accessing the console directly so they can modify settings i dont want them to modify.
however, some of the settings ill allow them to change requires a server restart if you modify them in the console, so i want to know the following:
1) if you modify the settings through a webpage, do you need to restart the server?
2) if it needs restarting, is there a way of restarting it through a webpage rather than using the console?
cheers :)

If running as a service then you'd need to run a batch file using php with the following:

Code:
net stop "Abyss Web Server"
net start "Abyss Web Server"

It MUST be a batch file that runs it since when abyss stops it closes all the php processes.
swissboney3
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aah thats great cheers andy
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: