PHP ridiculously slow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: PHP ridiculously slow Reply with quote

well i think its php, could be abyss, or??? well to be honest i dont have a clue. It takes anything from 30 seconds for an http page and upto 60 plus for a script to load.

i was using the preconfigured version and tried the latest build which was even slower.i reverted to the preconfigured but it isnt much faster, im not experienced enough to optimize it fully im also using mysql 4 on vista machine.
hope you can help, oh i also have zend 3.3 and using ioncube for some sites in my other domains, any help would be apreciated. chers

Last edited by svankamon on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: addition Reply with quote

I just changed the bandwidth from 20 to default (empty). I changed it to 20 after reading the optimum optimization thread here. Bad move but i also just cleared my cache and opened a forum i have on my server similar to this forum. My own took about 2.5 second to open. This one took well 1.1 or something similar. This is 2-3 times faster, maybe more. As beforre although its running better than it was earlier when i first wrote this post its still slow concidering. Oh and in scripting parameters ive set it exactly as abyss underground states but without the additional REDIRECT in the lower field.

Any advice still apreciated, cheers.
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What connection are you accessing pages through? Is it pages using MySQL that are really slow? If you're running a busy site thats slow you might want to consider PHP caching (APC) and MySQL query caching.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: php Reply with quote

thanks for your responce.

Since i submit the post i installed zend optimizer andit got a bit better. its not great though. According to other posts the eAccellorator? and similar are supposed to be great. I downloaded them and found them too difficult to install. Im not good at this programming stuff. I just wanted a site up and running not a degree in computer science which is obviously what i need here.

I can just do the basics like play around with php having said that i just get the sites working then leave em, as experience holds me back. To be honest i have no faith in this pc stuff at all/ could be faith in myself but i did expect stuff to go a little easier than this. Instead of building my sites ive spent months trying to get them to work sufficiently. when they work ok locally, someone tells me theyre slow.

A high load of traffic would be good but maybe imposible against al the pc scientists out there.

anyways if you could give me brief instructions to how i go about changing the cache in mysql and php id be gratefull.

However most of my sites have a set of buttons on the top which seems to be the problem. I dont really want to make the images lesser quality with a compressor or similar. ive tried optimizing the images but they hardly change.?

When the top buttons are loaded the php script loads immediately afterwards but of course theyve had time wilst waiting for the buttons.?

Thanks for your input and id be grateful for any sugestions/directions. thanks again
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For PHP caching I would use APC. This looks like a decent tutorial: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6109703.html

Some time ago on a forum I was told for MySQL to add to my.cfg (I believe thats the configuration's filename):
Code:
query_cache_type= 1
max_join_size = 16M

And to change settings to these:
Code:
key_buffer = 256M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 32M
sort_buffer_size = 4M
max_join_size = 16M

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: cache Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the info. Il get to it later today. Ive cleared my system of lots of virus's and spyware and its faster in general, so with small tweeks here and there everything should be peechy.

im not experience to know where those tweeks should be but eventually hope to sort it with a little help.

much appreciated and all the best. il post here when ive made the changes and let you know. cheers for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: