blocked port assistance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
popedale
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: blocked port assistance Reply with quote

I did a search and read through a handful of threads, but I seem to be missing something relating to my question.

I have both abyss and an ftp server running on my machine. some time after switching to FIOS I discovered that they apparently block port 80, which sucks. I verified i have name resolution from an external network because i can access my ftp just fine. I also verified abyss is serving pages within my network by using localhost and the actual domain name.

I have port forwarding set up for 80 and 443, but to no avail - el blocko :(

Questions:
* Is it possible to configure my router so people can go to http://mydomain?
- if yes, what exactly do i need to configure?
- if no, are there any other options; i don't want people to have to enter https or a port number.

I've seen what appear to be conflicting answers to the above, so i thought i'd lay it out to make sure i understand. thanks in advance!

-D
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
neuhmz
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: port redirection Reply with quote

I faced the very same problem in setting up my web server. I had to use anouther site to do dynamic DNS redirection. noip.com works pretty well for me but there are other solutions out there but noip is free.

I had to set up a seperate account to handle FTP server to save from paying money.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
senshi
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you forwarded your port 80 and you have no connection, your ISP is blocking incoming port 80, not allot you can do about it other than to move ports.

If your running a software firewall I would just double check that your issue is not with that, some firewalls and especially windows firewall will cause issues like this.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've recently discovered is that you can run a web server through a VPN. There's some cheap services that'll give you VPN's. It raises latency though.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: