root not showing but virtuals do..!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
senshi
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: root not showing but virtuals do..! Reply with quote

I set up Abyss X1 on my laptop with PHP5 & a MySQL server.

Everything worked fine up until yesterday when I used bit torrent to start downloading the CD-Rom images of debian 4.

Sometime late last night while working on the servers root page, index.php something happened to the server because the server root stopped showing up, so I tried a virtual path and it showed.

SO I made a virtual path for root and pointed it to where the other virtual paths were, still nothing. even if I poke the actual index.php into the URL as well, nothing shows up.

So I tried looking at the abyss.conf file which didn't make any sense to me, I see it has changed quite a bit.

I also tried to install another version of php in the same drive as the virtual paths and it made no difference.

I think the golden rule here is not to trust BitTorrent, it is not the first time something strange has happened to one of my computers while using it and if you complain about it to bit torrent, the web admin ban you and accuse you of spam and post nasty comments after you have been banned. Nice Eh? or rather pretty blinkered and juvenile...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
senshi
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, its now got worse.

All I have done is take out all the settings I made to try to get the server up again and it showed and error when I checked it was correct... it was.

I don;t know whats gone off but I think I am going to remove and reinstall the server as I feel that his issue is not going to get resolved but more a compound issue.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: