Waring/Fatal Error Messages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dev408
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Waring/Fatal Error Messages Reply with quote

I am running Abyss Web Server X1 v2.5, phpMyAdmin-2.8.0.3, and PHP version 5.22. Test.php worked without a hitch, but I am receiving these errors when trying to connect to my renamed 'phpmyadmin' folder...

Warning: require_once(../phpmyadmin-2.8.0.3/libraries/common.lib.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Data\Web Development\public_html\phpmyadmin\index.php on line 36

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../phpmyadmin-2.8.0.3/libraries/common.lib.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Data\Web Development\public_html\phpmyadmin\index.php on line 36

Thanks,
dev408
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Vahn
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you renamed the folder from "phpmyadmin-2.8.0.3" to "phpmyadmin" correct?

-Vahn
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might just try reinstalling PHPMyAdmin. That would be the easiest scenario for you.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vahn
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldn't there be a config file somewhere, that refences the location of the scripts? ( bad codeing if you ask me, do it dynamicllay -ka-ching- ) but still.. it'd be a quicker fix to find that file and change it no?

-Vahn
NuccatheWarrior
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The config file of the phpmyadmin sql database handler is in the libraries of the phpmyadmin folder. For example....
Code:
drive:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpadmin\libraries\config.php

or
Code:
drive:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpadmin\libraries\config.default.php

But you have to rename the folder to something else other than phpmyadmin or phpadmin. If you wish to name it phpmyadmin or phpadmin, make sure you have that directory password protected by the server. There are hackers out there that wants to screw up databases, I have seen that happen on mine.

But there are tutorials at abyssunderground on how to setup phpmyadmin....link is below.....I thank this dude for helping me out with my phpmyadmin

http://abyssunderground.co.uk

http://nuccathewarrior.kicks-ass.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RollYerOwn!
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used the tutorial at AbyssUnderground to install phpmyadmin, but I'm having problems logging in.

If I set auth type to "cookie", I don't need a password for the root account, however, when I login to phpmyadmin, it tells me that the root account has no password.

I'm confused. Do I need a password or not, and which auth type is best? Please confirm. Thanks!
abyssisthebest
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is seriously recomended that you add a password to the root account, as this has access to all of the databases on the MySQL server, including users and such.

You should be able to set a password on the root account by clicking Privileges then setting the password on the root accounts (Both of them).

I use cookie auth on my phpMyAdmin and I have never had any issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: