Anti-leech troubles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madman71
-

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Anti-leech troubles Reply with quote

EDIT: All is working now. thanks

Ok, im stumped.

I have my home computer setup (we'll call it HOMECOMPUTER X.COM) with abyss on it and it runs fine. I have some files on there that i want to protect through anti-leech.

This is my current setting in anti leech

Anti leeching scope: /*.jpg
/*.zip

Redirect Leechers to URL /hlerror.html

Allow Links from ????

This is what i want to do:
I have a paid linux hosting site already (It's up and running). I want to use the HOMECOMPUTER X.COM with abyss only to serve zip and jpg files.

I want to be able to post HOMECOMPUTER X.COM links on my paid hosting site and protect them.

Im kinda comfused on what sites to put under Allow Links from in abyss.

Do i put in my www.paidhostingsite.com address or my HOMECOMPTUERX.COM address under anti leechz?

On my paidhosting site, i have it set up already to protect it's own jpegs. Now i want to post links from my HOMECOMPUTERX.COM site and have those protected.

Do i need to place www.MYHOMECOMPUTERX.COM in my .htaccess file to protect my links?

Im really beginning to confuse myself here. :(

thanks!

edit: I'd like to add that if i enter MYPAIDHOSTING.COM address in the allow links from. I get some weird things happening. Hotlinking is done in reverse. If i manually type in a url to my paidhosting site that has a image, I'll get a picture (I shouldn't though if hotlinking is done correctly)
When i place a link on MYHOMECOMPUTERX.COM and try to access it, i get my "no hotlinking" page to show up.

i hope this is clear
EDIT: All is working now. thanks

[/b]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: