Default host on port 80 has a listening problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwcoffee1
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Default host on port 80 has a listening problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm getting the message:
-- Default host on port 80 has a listening problem (Local URL http://127.0.0.1)

I looked at Scott1x responses... he resolved the problem by making the web server a Linux service. I don't know how to do that on Windows XP... besides I don't think its applicable.

I'm running Abyss X1 on a windows XP workstation. I have a McAfee fire wall installed. Inspite of that the web server was listening on host port 80 with no problems. The last network installation program I installed, before the problem was observed, was Microsoft IIS 5.1 services and SMTP service.

So, Internet Explorer and Abyss show console work fine. But the Abyss application abyssws will not load due to the listening problem on port 80.

King
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
kenboyles72
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have your firewall up, you need to allow the port to be open. Also, if you are behind a broadband router, you need to port forward the port to the local ip address of the pc that Abyss is running on.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe another program is using port 80? Skype uses port 80 for example.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: You are right Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
Maybe another program is using port 80? Skype uses port 80 for example.

I just installed 2.5 it kept installing to port 8000. When I would type in the URL for my website, it would go straight to my router. When I would change the port to 80 it would give me a listening error. I never had this much problem at all before. So, I decided to come here for a fix first before getting bent out of shape and blaming the new version. You said Skype and I knew what was up. The new MySpaceIM has Skype integrated into it now. So, I shut down MySpaceIM (instant messenger) and restarted Abyss, and there you have it, I'm up and running on port 80. So, if any of you are having a hard time getting up and running on port 80, and you have the new MySpace IM, shut it down. I guess you will have to find an older version of the IM or quit MySpace all together...lol Hope this helps someone
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, most people don't run programs like that on their server. More importantly though, I think it was an unwise decision to use port 80 by the software developers.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
Well, most people don't run programs like that on their server. More importantly though, I think it was an unwise decision to use port 80 by the software developers.

...especially considering that some major ISPs block port 80!

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
Well, most people don't run programs like that on their server.

...Infact, there isn't a soul that does, not even I. However, I have my Server running on my computer, like I have yahoo messenger running on my computer, like, I have an AV running on my computer.... See my point? Now, if that is what you meant, I don't see how you can say "most people" "Most People" I know use myspace/and IM.

Edit update at 8:20am
No, not trying to be a prick, It's my typical responce at 7:30 in the morning rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. lol, I'm a cranky morning person. ;)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good solution to have Abyss Web Server always use port 80 and not conflict with other software is to install it as a Windows service. In that mode it will run before any user session application and will be using port 80 before Skype or the likes start.
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
A good solution to have Abyss Web Server always use port 80 and not conflict with other software is to install it as a Windows service. In that mode it will run before any user session application and will be using port 80 before Skype or the likes start.

actualy that does work, I did that last night and I can run my IM with scype now.
chewzzqq
-

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think his abyss is already running at the back of pc when system start up(hidden)?
and his go to open abyss again twice.

so the program will conflict ,when 2 abyss running,
just try to restart system,after that go throught 127.0.0.1 and see that the abyss already running?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chewzzqq wrote:
i think his abyss is already running at the back of pc when system start up(hidden)?
and his go to open abyss again twice.

so the program will conflict ,when 2 abyss running,
just try to restart system,after that go throught 127.0.0.1 and see that the abyss already running?

There is no need to bring up a 6 month old topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: