Multi Domains with SSL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reefbum
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Multi Domains with SSL Reply with quote

I have X2 on XP Pro and want to host 3 or 4 domains, each with their own SSL cert from verisign. I am assuming that each domain will need to have its own IP address?

My ISP has issued me a block of 5 public IP's, do I first add all of these IP's to the nic card in XP and then assign each domain one of these IP's in Abyss control panel?

Assuming the above is correct I should then be able to generate a seperate CSR for each domain/IP to submit to verisign for each site to have its own SSL cert?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use other IP's in Abyss simple bind the host to the IP. That way you can use the multiple SSL certificates as you ask for.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi Domains with SSL Reply with quote

reefbum,

If you are going to host SSL sites with different domain names, each one of them will need its own IP (this is an SSL limtation).

Associate each domain name with its IP (at the DNS level). Then generate a CSR for each one of them and proceed normally with the request and the declaration of the certificates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: