Lost password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Lost password Reply with quote

Well, I have been gone a bit. Life happens sometimes. One friend got prostate cancer, and another got a brain tumor. My motherboard took a dump, and since it was AGP, DDR1 socket 939, which is not made anymore, I had to upgrade everything. Anywho, haveing to reinstall everything, I made a back up of the Abyss webserver folder, reinstalled, and pasted it back. All my settings are back and I'm up and running correctly, only problem is, It is useing the old name and pass to get into the console, and I can't remember either or. Is there any work around? Sorry if any miss spelled words, haven't installed my office back yet.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot recover them but you can reset them as explained below:

· Stop Abyss Web Server if it is running.
· Open in a text editor (for example Windows Notepad, MacOS X Textpad, vi, GEdit or KEdit) the configuration file abyss.conf usually located in the Abyss Web Server installation directory.
· In the lines between <console> and </console>, locate the line enclosed between <password> and </password> and deleteit. This line should be made of a combination of letters and digits as in a5a3a15d71c3d07b94ef96a25c480737.
· Save abyss.conf and close the text editor.
· Start Abyss Web Server.
· Open the console. You will be asked to choose new access credentials.

Last edited by AbyssUnderground on Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again, thanks, that worked just fine. now for the rest of the installs. at least I have a decent machine now after all the trouble.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: