cannot get phpcms to work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anubis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: cannot get phpcms to work Reply with quote

hi!
i installed abyss web server and php 4.2.0. Then i want to use phpcm (http://phpcms.de/homepage/phpcms/index.htm) but i can't use it.
First i got these Errors:
Warning: Empty Delimiter in D:/Programme/Abyss Web Server/htdocs/parser/include/class.lib_phpcms.php on line 217
and
Warning: Failed opening '/projects/phpcms_1_1_7/parser/include/class.cache_phpcms.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\php4\pear') in d:\Programme\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\parser\parser.php on line 25

I read the documentation about php´cms and found out that i have to set "register_globals" to "on". This resolved the first Error. For the scond Error i saw in the forum on phpcms that php cannot get my root path. So i have to set it by my self. I opened default.php (this is a file from php.cms) and set $this->DOCUMENT_ROOT = "d:\Programme\Abyss Web Server\htdocs";

But this doesnt resove my problem. Now i get another error. Error 401 (page not found)
I looked all over the forum in phpcms but what i have done is the way to solve my errors. The errors are gone but why can't i finde the page now? what is different from the abyss web server to apache or opensa? On this Web Server i can run phpcms. But i will run int on Abyss please help me.
Bye AnubisTheKing
AnubisTheKing
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just found out that phpcms comes with some htacces files.
Abyss cannot use them. Could that be trhe cause of my probelem?
Use Abyss 1.0.3
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisTheKing wrote:
i just found out that phpcms comes with some htacces files.
Abyss cannot use them. Could that be trhe cause of my probelem?
Use Abyss 1.0.3

Are you sure you have error 401 page not found ? Or is it error 404 ?
Abyss Web Server doesn't support .htaccess files in the current version but this seems to be strange that the script won't run because of this.
We will try to test the script and we will give you more information about the strange behavior.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i can't tell you. i am on work now and i can't check what error it is. But i defenitly know that it was an errror where the page wasn't found. Perhaps it was not a 401 error but a 404 error.
AnubisTheKing
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is one Error in my first post!!!! I wrote:
Warning: Failed opening '/projects/phpcms_1_1_7/parser/include/class.cache_phpcms.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\php4\pear') in d:\Programme\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\parser\parser.php on line 25
but it has to be
Warning: Failed opening '/parser/include/class.cache_phpcms.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\php4\pear') in d:\Programme\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\parser\parser.php on line 25

moreover i also tried to change / to \ and the otherway round
AnubisTheKing
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is an 404 Error
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisTheKing wrote:
it is an 404 Error

That means that one of the scripts refers to a page which doesn't exist or redirected to a wrong URL. You can see which URL caused the error by looking at your log file.
AnubisTheKing
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i know whta you want to say but thats why i don't understand whats wrong. The File IS THERE.

Warning: Failed opening '´/parser/include/class.cache_phpcms.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\php4\pear') in d:\Programme\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\parser\parser.php on line 25

I found out that php cannot get my root path. So i have to set it by my self. I opened default.php (this is a file from phpcms) and set $this->DOCUMENT_ROOT = "d:\Programme\Abyss Web Server\htdocs";

The FILE he cannont open is there. after i set the root path i get the 404 error but the FIle is there
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisTheKing wrote:
yes i know whta you want to say but thats why i don't understand whats wrong. The File IS THERE.

Warning: Failed opening '´/parser/include/class.cache_phpcms.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\php4\pear') in d:\Programme\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\parser\parser.php on line 25

I found out that php cannot get my root path. So i have to set it by my self. I opened default.php (this is a file from phpcms) and set $this->DOCUMENT_ROOT = "d:\Programme\Abyss Web Server\htdocs";

The FILE he cannont open is there. after i set the root path i get the 404 error but the FIle is there

Some scripts works fine on some web servers (namely Apache) and on UNIX plateforms but produce errors when executed on other web servers or on other plateforms. The problem is that some programmers doesn't conform to the standards and use extensively some small extensions or tricks that only work with Apache and/or UNIX.
The path problkems fall in the latter category. Obviously, PHP warns that it cannot find a fine which path is /parser/include/class.cache_phpcms.php ... Have you ever seen a path which starts with a slash on Windows ? So this is where the problem is.
So please check the paths in the PHP script you have. In general, a minor change fixes paths issues.

We promised you to test the script but you must understand that we do that on a voluntary basis (and so it is not our 1st priority. Our 1st priority is providing enhancing and providing support for Abyss Web Server not for badly coded CGI scripts).

So please stay tuned until we test PHPCMS and tell you how to fix the problem.
:D
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After testing PHPCMS, we are sorry to notice that it isn't compatible with Abyss Web Server nor with the standard way scripts are written and executed.
PHPCMS was programmed to work ONLY with Apache: see the readme.txt and all the stuff related to how to hack Apache configuration file to make the script work.
AnubisTheKing
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn
anyway thank for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: