Too much load, can't play Halo3 :(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Too much load, can't play Halo3 :( Reply with quote

I have a new site up. Ever since I put it up, it has been hit like you wouldn't believe, well, me anyways. I thought this was odd, seeing 4 gigs being transferred a day. So I activated a log and it seems people have linked to some MP3's on my server in a folder within the sites hosting folder. How do I put a stop to that to where only when someone visits my website can they stream the MP3's?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Too much load, can't play Halo3 :( Reply with quote

ChrisM2,

Check the anti-leeching feature. It will help you prevent people download stuff from direct links to your site.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Too much load, can't play Halo3 :( Reply with quote

admin wrote:
ChrisM2,

Check the anti-leeching feature. It will help you prevent people download stuff from direct links to your site.

I did think about that first before posting, guess I should have mentioned I don't understand what the instructions are telling me.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I got what you're saying, but I'll explain what I think the anti-leeching feature does. When someone clicks a link their web browser sends the url of the last page with the request for the link they clicked. If someone directly linked to your mp3's or whatever then that url wouldn't have been sent, so Abyss blocks the request. At least thats how I assume it works.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Too much load, can't play Halo3 :( Reply with quote

ChrisM2,

Have you had a look on http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/hosts-configuration.html#HOSTS-ANTILEECH ?
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Too much load, can't play Halo3 :( Reply with quote

admin wrote:
ChrisM2,

Have you had a look on http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/hosts-configuration.html#HOSTS-ANTILEECH ?

Now that made sense to me, thank you. I am a hand-on person, or visual...I hate to read because I loose focus too easy and forget what I just read. Anywho, thanks again. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: