403 error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bootneck
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: 403 error Reply with quote

I still have my server running only on my internal net work. I have it on a static IP address 192.168.0.10. I was trying to solve a problem accessing phpbb from one of my other pc and changed a setting under IP address control, I think,:( adding 192.168.0.10 to the ip address control.

My problem now is I do not seem to be able access any of the sites I have on the server from any of my the PC I have been using for the admin.

Now when I try I am getting a 403 error, forbidden, for anything I try to access.

I have only had this running again under x2 for a few days and am kind of new to this. so any help has to be in small words

**** Thanks for looking at this, I have managed to back track over what I had done,, which was add a IP address control , I missed it the first few times as I all I could see in the box was / when I deleted this everything came back. Sorry for the panic post , I had been getting on so well up until then, Abyss, Mysql, mysql admin, php5, coppermine, phpBB2 and Word-press all installed and running with only one fault, which I was trying to find. which was I can access phpBB2 from the server itself, but on my other pc although I can see phpBB when I try and go into the admin page I just get an error page. so Its back to the drawing board
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error page in phpBB for other people is because you put your local ip into the domain configuration. You need to go in and change it to your external ip or the domain name you will be using for the server. That will solve the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: