Making abyss run portably from usb drive (LINUX)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
codemyster
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Making abyss run portably from usb drive (LINUX) Reply with quote

This is a tutorial on how to make Abyss Web Server run portably (From a usb drive) on linux.

Download the tgz archive from the aprelium and extract it to a place on your portable media

Now, open your abyss.conf file on any text editor (I use GEdit, but i imagine KEdit or Vi/m would work equally)

Where the entry says <root>{some file path here}</root>, replace the file path with these characters: ./ (Meaning the current directory, read as dot slash)

Now, if you want to install PHP or Perl or any other interpreter, download the files to the abyss root directory so it would look something like this:
/media/disk/abyssws/PHP/

Now go to the console, and install the interpreter as you normally would, except put the path as ../PHP/(Your php binary) Should read as "dot dot slash PHP slash {your php binary}

If you need any of these directions cleared up, just say so, and if this is just obvious knowledge, let me know! Just trying to help out the less experienced :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-beta
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Making abyss run portably from usb drive (LINUX) Reply with quote

codemyster,

Thank you for the tutorial. The same instructions are usable on Windows and any system supported by Abyss Web Server (not only Linux).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: