Can't view your website? Want a domain name? Look here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
creyentededios2
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: HELP? Reply with quote

So i tried doin your tutorial thing the six steps, but it didnt work! I have the 2WIRE router, i think, can you help me???? Thanx
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
jibjab
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: I can't see my website from outside of my network Reply with quote

I've setup everything to equal the steps posted here, but I still can't get to my website outside of my network. It works great on the inside. But from the outside I get "Page cannot be displayed".

My router is a Linksys and the IP is 69.150.133.234. It's dynamic, I've verified that the DNS is pointed to this IP and that my router IP address has not changed from this. My port forwarding is listed to point to my abyss server 192.168.1.100 for anything coming in on port 9545.

I type http://www.nrnsfnafatsugi.com:9545 from within my network and receive the expected security prompts. I can enter the correct info and get the site.

I type http://www.nrnsfnafatsugi.com:9545 from outside my network and get the "Page cannot be displayed" message. I've even tried putting in http://69.150.133.234:9545 but I get the same results.

I've used the DMZ and disabled all of the security I can think of to no avail. Unless there is something I've overlooked. I'm running WinXP. Yes, I've disabled the ICF.

I'm out of ideas. I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone is still watching :)
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can access your website just fine. I have no clue why you cannot. Although I
don't know your Username and Password for your password protected website.

Congradulations! Your website is online and working.

Try using http://www.the-cloak.com to see if it's online for yourself.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jibjab
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm.... well that's good news... however much more frusterating! LMAO

Well, I am at work... maybe my work firewall is messing with me.

Thanks man!!!!!!
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also access your site just fine. Try pinging your IP address and see if you get a response.

Also, what browser are you using? I'm using IE 6.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibjab wrote:
Well, I am at work...

And I was going to say 'Loopback?' XD
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gary1974
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: using proxy. Reply with quote

if im using a proxy, i can view my website. whats the problem of this? help advice... www.yeheygoogle.com

gary
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could someone help me forwarding/opening port on my belkin router ??

i dont know what to do next...
reanbogernls
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant do it :( others cant see my site and my ports already forwarded

heres the router thing
HTTP1 192.168.0.250 TCP 80/80 always

and i tried to do http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html#A1-2 as best as i could but i still cant do it..im using windows 2003 server so the instructions didnt help but i got the idea of it..heres a screenshot of the error i got when i try http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1368/untitledvo9.jpg

any1 got any ideas?

the site im trying is http://abcrpg.mine.nu/ btw and i can see it..just others cant
olly86
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried specifying a different port? It is possible that your ISP has blocked access to port 80; try something higher like 1250.
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works as http://abcrpg.mine.nu:8070/ but how do i make it so u dont need the :8070 :/
olly86
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's possible, as a web server (http) runs on port 80 as standard. So when you access yourdomain.co.uk the browser automatically sends the request as yourdomain.co.uk:80.
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reanbogernls wrote:
it works as http://abcrpg.mine.nu:8070/ but how do i make it so u dont need the :8070 :/

You'll have to use a web redirection service such as the one offered by No-IP.
AQucsaiJr
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Error Reply with quote

I am getting a listening error when I try to run the default host on port 80. I have this port fowarded on my linksis router and it dosnt look to be blocked by my firewall. What are typical reasons I might be seeing this error? I can change it to anouther port and it will run, but dosnt it need to be on port 80?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Error Reply with quote

AQucsaiJr wrote:
I am getting a listening error when I try to run the default host on port 80. I have this port fowarded on my linksis router and it dosnt look to be blocked by my firewall. What are typical reasons I might be seeing this error? I can change it to anouther port and it will run, but dosnt it need to be on port 80?

--- oops. maybe I should've re-read the post before I posted :) ---

BTW, welcome to the forums, AQucsaiJr.

http://CodeBin.yi.org

Last edited by pkSML on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Error Reply with quote

AQucsaiJr wrote:

Some other software is using the port. It will either be Skype or another Web Server software. These are the main culprits.

To solve it, disable the software or change the port it runs on.
anggabagong
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: help me Reply with quote

I've setup everything to equal the steps posted here, but I still can't get to my website outside of my network. It works great on the inside. But from the outside I get "Page cannot be displayed".

how i can make my abbys web server to connect internet

because my friend can't browse my domain or my ip

somebody can help me???

can i make this without router

coz,i just have modem wireless 3G

and my ip no static

i want my abbys to connect from outside of my network?

thanks

sory if my english to bad.

i am just a newbie
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kalm1234
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I have just now started using Abyss. I have played around with it's features and am very excited to get started using it. I cannot seem to get to my website outside of my home network, though.

My Computer---v
Belkin Router----->Internet
My Laptop-------^

I have forwarded the ports on my router to port 80 and 8080 just in case my ISP blocks port 80. I have switched between the two in the congiuration of Abyss and I still get an "Internet Explorer Cannot Display this page" page. I have now directly connected this computer to my modem. I still cannot reach my website using my ip address and port:
http://74.243.59.213/ (port is 80 atm)

I am running Abyss x1 and Windows Vista SP1x32

Can someone help me? Major thanks in advance =)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phpjunkie
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't view your website? Want a domain name? Look here! Reply with quote

iNaNimAtE wrote:
This is for all the people who cannot view their website for multiple reasons.
1) You enter your IP address and you cannot see your website.
2) You can only see your website from "localhost."
3) Others cannot see your website, but you can.

To date, I estimate over 50 topics have been started with the same problem. I hope to solve your problems right here, so you do not have to start a new thread.

Problem: You/Others cannot view your website.
This applies to: All people who have a hardware router.
Solution: Port forwarding.
When someone enters your IP, the request gets sent to your router. Normally, your router would just ignore/block the request, because it cannot do anything with it. We are going to take all requests to your IP address, and forward them specifically to the computer with your website.
What to do:

1) Get the Internal IP address of the computer running Abyss Web Server.
If you run Windows 95, 98, ME: Start>Run>Type "winipcfg" and select your network adapter from the dropdown list. Your IP address either looks like "192.168.x.x" or "10.0.x.x"
If you run Windows 2000, XP, Server 2000, or Server 2003: Go to the command prompt and type "ipconfig" (which will display your Internal IP under the IP Address category).

EDIT: To get your Internal IP, just download my handy little batch file: 95/98/ME or 2000/XP/2003. Download using IE.

2) Go to your router configuration. Usually, you can type "192.168.1.1" or "192.168.0.1" in your browser to bring it up.
Helpful tip: After completing step 1, use the same digit(s) in the third block of your IP in step 2. Example: If your IP address from step 1 was "192.168.254.10," then use 254 to find your router (192.168.254.254). If your IP address was "192.168.1.10," then use "192.168.1.1" (taking the third block of numbers in your IP address, and putting them in the third and fourth place in step 2).

3) If a password prompt comes up, try different combinations of the words "admin" and "administrator." Most linksys routers use "admin" for the password and no username.

4) Once in the configuration, look for an option that says "forwarding." Once you have found it, under port number, type "80." Under IP address, type the IP address you found in step 1 (192.168.x.x). For TCP/UDP, make sure at least TCP is selected.

5) Go to www.whatismyip.com or www.aprelium.com/ip/ to find your External IP address. After configuring port forwarding, type that IP address into your browser. Your website should show up!
----------------------------------------------------------
This is for all the people who want to have a domain name (www.myname.com) instead of a numerical IP address (66.212.51.99) for your website.

Your options:

"Dot TK" - This can give you a www.yourname.tk for your website. All you do is signup, and forward your domain name to your IP address.
Note: The majority of users have a "Dynamic IP." This means, periodically, your IP address changes. You will have to go in manually and change your IP when this happens.

"No-IP" - This popular service lets you have yourname.no-ip.com for free; along with some other choices (such as yorname.mybiz.com, etc.). For those of you with a Dynamic IP (which is mostly everyone), No-IP provides a client you can download that automatically updates your URL whenever your IP changes.

A Real TLD (Top Level Domain, such as .com, .net, and .org) - Let me first say, there is absolutely NO WAY to get a free TLD. Whatever the deal, you will eventually have to open your wallet.
There are many providers to choose from. I like to use 000domains.com. For $13.50 per year, they offer every service you will ever need. I know people have found cheaper ones, but this is just my preference.
How to associate your TLD with your IP Address: The majority of companies whom sell TLDs do not offer DNS services (ways to associate your domain with your IP address). For this, I reccomend a free service called "ZoneEdit." To use this, you must associate your domain with ZoneEdit's namesevers. They show you how to do that on their website, www.zoneedit.com. For those of you who have dynamic IPs, there is a list of 3rd-party applications in their FAQ.

Everyone has their own preferences.

Hope that helped. Post with any further qurstions you may have.

The hell with dynamic IP addressing. Talk to your ISP and get an actual static IP address and the heck with all the No-IP.com crap. Get your self an actual domain name. The only way I would recommend No-IP.com is if you don't have a domain name but I still suggest you call your ISP and get a static IP address.

If you use No-IP.com to get you setup with an actual domain name or with any company that assists in dynamic IP addressing is going to charge you far more money then calling your ISP to get a static IP address. It is a serious waist of time to try and put up a website with dynamic IP addressing.

The sites he mentioned for domain registration and DNS management have limitations. Not only are you getting charged for registering the domain but after you reach the limits your going to get charged for the DNS managment. MyDomain.com charges you $9.95 a year for registering a domain and that is all you pay for their services. Everything else is free with NO limitations. They also include FREE DNS management. Oh yeah, did I mention that it is all in one site?

Last edited by phpjunkie on Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
phpjunkie
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't view your website? Want a domain name? Look here! Reply with quote

I got a 500 error and it double posted.
heffgoldenblade
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: still can't connect using external IP Reply with quote

I have read all the posts and gone through all the suggestions and still people can not connect to my web site using the WAN IP. I have a fiber optic internet connection from Qwest, a Linksys BEFSR41 router, and 2 desktop computers. The computer I have Abyss installed and running on is a Windows XP Home OS. I have a static IP (63.228.179.66). I can connect to the web page no problem with my second computer using the LAN IP of the host. I have forwarded the ports that I've tried on the router, and I've tried many different ports, including 80, 8000, 8080, 21208, and other random ports. I've tried disabling the firewall and even using DMZ on router and modem. I understand that something must be blocking me, but I am at a loss at this point. Do you have any further suggestions?
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I did a quick port scan of the ports you listed in your post and none seem to be open.
Are you sure you configured port forwarding in your router correctly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: